1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What motivates you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dadoflinks, Jan 3, 2014.

1. myWPx

myWPx Member

Best Answers:
    I just replied to your other post too. Just wanted to mention that I get your frustration on religion as well (to an extend). I was raised in a Christian family, and the churches made me feel like I was going to suffocate under all the "laws"... and always felt anxious that I was doing something wrong, that I was sinning. Eventually in my early twenties I broke away and now see myself as a "pantheist" (I believe in the Universe). People are really judgmental. And in my country the opportunities for Christians are endless. I have a few friends who studied theology or for other careers in the Christian industry... and the scholarships and stuff available to them is CRAZY to say the least. But good luck man... South Africa is still way better than Islam (I think). And if we get a new government... I really think South Africa will be moving forward.

myWPx, Feb 27, 2014 IP
    makeit easy likes this.
  2. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Come to Australia(at least once for a visit). There are a TON of South Africans where I live (Western Australia). I think a lot of them come here because it's a lot closer to South Africa than the Eastern Australian states. You can always recognize them because of the accent ;). You would love it here, the Safricans are always welcome here and all the ones I've met here always seem like genuinely nice people :)

PS. I hope we smash you in the 3rd Cricket Test ;). Only kidding (I'm actually a big fan of Dale Steyn).

tdn878, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    myWPx likes this.
  3. myWPx

myWPx Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard that South Africans love Australia so much. I think I would like it there because I love surfing :D. haha.... have heard that Australia is one of the best places to live. Everyone who has been to Australia says it's awesome. So thanx, maybe I will consider it haha. Close family friends of ours are emigrating to New Zealand tomorrow (the whole family) LOL. So... seems like you're a cricket fan??? me too! too bad we always screw up in the world cup :(

myWPx, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    tdn878 likes this.
  4. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, I sure am. Yeah the Proteas probably should of won a few world cups by now if they stopped choking at vital moments . jk;).

Anyway, I saw a few of your posts about Wordpress and I definitely agree with you. For me Wordpress is by far the best CMS. I experimented with Drupal and Joomla and while both were good, I found wordpress to be the most flexible CMS to suit nearly any website you are trying to build. I could go on but I'll save that for another thread. Just wanted to say (belatedly) - Welcome to DP!

tdn878, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  5. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Planning a long-term goal that culminates in a great sense of satisfaction. "I'll do 100 of these boring freelance copies, but then I'm going to go visit my friends in another city."

YJunK, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  6. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. South Africa is better now and will be much better in the future.

Christianity is way better than Islam in even daily life. Christian societies are more open minded. It's obvious.
    They don't touch personal freedoms. For me, there is no reason to live in Turkey. I am working on my migration issue. I believe, eventually, even it takes 20 years and I become 60, I am gonna find a way to live in elsewhere. Because I am extremely motivated in living in a Christian country or a non-muslim country.

Thank you very much for saying "I get you."
    If you don't like to live there, you can try Australia. I think he is right:
    You are luckier than me. Because you can try Australia.

makeit easy, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  7. myWPx

myWPx Member

Best Answers:
    I'd agree that Christian societies are more open than Islam... however, I think you need to think again when you say that "Christian societies don't touch personal freedoms". The stuff happening in the Christian world, is strange, ridiculous and inhuman a lot of the times (no offense to anyone as I am just speaking in general from what I've seen and experienced). I stand for not labeling yourself under any religion as spiritualism is everyone's own personal journey... and you can really only make it your own if you don't label yourself. But that's just my views.

But yes, I am still in a much better situation than you but I get what you area dealing with (to some extend). Keep your eyes on the prize. Where there's a will, there's a way... it might just take longer than you would have wanted it to.

myWPx, Mar 1, 2014 IP
    makeit easy likes this.
  8. myWPx

myWPx Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you hey. I appreciate the warm welcome a lot. I'm pretty sure Wordpress is the future, and I really love the community. Joomla seems to be way more commercial... the prices of the plugins are ridiculously expensive. Most of the wordpress community stands by "Open Source", and the premium plugins doesn't cost and arm and a leg most of the time. And the most amazing thing is... that wordpress are not THAT difficult to learn... anyone with limited education can learn to code their own themes and plugins. I think Wordpress has made the world a better place (literally).

And, as for the Proteas... The last world cup was heartbreaking to say the least... we were all SOOO sure that we were going to win THIS time around... I really don't get it. LOL. The next world cup is next year in Australia. If I'm rich by then, hopefully I'll be there LOL. That must be amazing.

myWPx, Mar 1, 2014 IP
    tdn878 likes this.