1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What more products mean for an online shop

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lwseller, May 17, 2016.

I have a question

What do you believe?

Having more products means more sales? or not

The question is about an online store

lwseller, May 17, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It depends on the type of store - more choice can mean more procrastination.

Today I'll be buying some "Remington Industries 24SNSP 24 AWG Magnet Wire" - I need lots of choice because subtle differences make a difference in engineering projects.
    Recently I bought an epirb emergency beacon and had choice of about 3 different models in my price range no matter how many different online stores I went to. Greater choice wouldn't have made much difference

sarahk, May 17, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.
  3. chippen2188

chippen2188 Member

Best Answers:
    I would say it depends on what niche you are into and what pricepoint we are looking at. If you have a store with multiple lower priced products I would think that more products would generate more sales. If you sell exclusive paintings for $1000-$2000 you don't need that many paintings to make money (example: You make bracelets and sell for $7 versus you paint something and sell for $1500). Also, if it is physical products it will require much more time having many products to sell than just having a few.

chippen2188, May 17, 2016 IP
    briguy likes this.
  4. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simply put
    More products = more products pages and the more products pages...the better chance of a sale.
    Also more pages indexed by Google, the better chance of a sale

briguy, May 17, 2016 IP
  5. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, I don’t thing so! I think that,
    Fashion and modern products = more sales and more followers! We all like exclusive, that is why, very important to listening all your audience needs! Also, very important to use discounts for your customers!
    Low price = more money)))
    Good luck)

JudySlean, May 17, 2016 IP
  6. Fredi

Fredi Member

Best Answers:
    More products do not mean more sell. It may increase the chance of sell but not obvious. More traffic means more sell. So try to get as much traffic as you can. There are different ways of getting traffic. You should try the most effective ones like Facebook Ads, Solo Ads etc.

Fredi, Jun 10, 2016 IP