1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What modification of enginee is better, petrol or diesel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by easteer, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello. I am going to buy new car, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. What do you think, what modification of enginee is better, petrol or diesel? Unfortunately, I'm not good in these things, it's my first car, so, it's make me feel a bit confused. My brother recommended prefer petrol car 'cause it's a best choise for using next 7-8 years. But I heard, diesel car're considered more ecological. So, what enginee is better?Please, help me to make this thing clear. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    easteer, Dec 10, 2018 IP
  2. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What would the a typical length of journey that you'd use the car for?

SpacePhoenix, Dec 10, 2018 IP
  3. easteer

easteer Peon

Best Answers:
    So, I decided to make the best gift for my family and to buy diesel Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.

easteer, Dec 27, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I won't be buying another petrol car again, my next vehicle will be electric. We have petrol and diesel vehicles, one does get worked pretty hard so I imagine we'll stick to diesel for that, but there are electric long-haul trucks now so even that might go. Electric motorbikes aren't mainstream but they'll come, in the meantime, my bikes will be petrol.

Diesel needs more regular servicing and, in NZ, has a complicated tax that needs to be paid based on how the vehicle is used. EV points are all over the cities.

sarahk, Dec 27, 2018 IP
  5. J.C.Anderson

J.C.Anderson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Diesel engines could soon be prohibited in many EU cities. Another point is that diesel cars need more time to heat the interior space - it depends on your climate, but if you have cold winters, this point could be important.

As it was mentioned before, it is better to look for electric, some of them are quite affordable and comfortable.

J.C.Anderson, Dec 27, 2018 IP
  6. SMScodes

SMScodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would go for petrol myself but it does depend on how many miles you will be doing per year and what type of journeys ( motorway miles or urban ).

SMScodes, Dec 28, 2018 IP
  7. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Diesel engines because it is better than petrol engines.
    The maintenance cost of diesel cars is higher than petrol cars.

dipal76, Dec 29, 2018 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Diesel engines are far superior today than they were back in the 80s - 90s. I don't know where the info came from (that they maybe prohibited in the EU) if anything diesel engines are cleaner, quieter and more efficient even when compared to the gasoline engines. PLUS your diesel mileage per gallon will always be higher.

But the cons of course will be: Diesel fuel will always be more expensive 2. Servicing your vehicle will be more expensive.

qwikad.com, Dec 29, 2018 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.