1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What means Secured Express Delivery option ?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by scrooble, Jan 5, 2006.

Hi,
    What means "Secured" ? Does it mean that it is more sequre ? Will not be lost by mail ?

Does anybody has experience of SED outside of US ? Really takes only 1 week ?

When do you recommend to switch to Secured Express Delivery option ?
    Over some amount of check ?

Thanks.

scrooble, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  2. howardhsu

howardhsu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It means that it will be sent via DHL; in a sealed envelope, and will require a signature and ID to be delivered. And yes, you should receive it within a week, regardless of location. This is usually the best option for International publishers who do not qualify for EFT. The check can be tracked every step of the way, and you can rest assured of when to expect delivery.

howardhsu, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  3. eiso

eiso Peon

Best Answers:
    Check if you are alegible for EFT, than it gets transfered to your bank acount immediatly, i'm a dutch resident and it works like a charm.

eiso, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  4. scrooble

scrooble Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I'm not eligible for EFT.
    I also pay relatively high commission for $ check + $24 for delivery, it'll become more than $55 total comission for me.

A lot of money to give away.

scrooble, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  5. howardhsu

howardhsu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alternatively, you can ask the AdSense payments team to hold your check for a cycle. Then, when you have accumulated a greater amount payable, then have them issue one check. That way you are not continuously paying the secured delivery fee. If you don't need that money right away, that may be a good way to go.

howardhsu, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Normal delivery was a nightmare for me... checks would take over a month to get here, and one of them got lost.

I now pay 25 bucks and get it nicely delivered by DHL... best money ever spent

fryman, Jan 5, 2006 IP