1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What makes your online business successful?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mr.Dog, Nov 19, 2014.

1. aureliechazal

aureliechazal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Talking to customers is essential, especially at the beginning. It can be by surveying them or setting up interviews with new users, or asking them why they signed up, purchased from you via automated message. I know few startup founders do exactly that and adapt their product development, website UI and marketing copy accordingly. Recently I've been reading Groovehq.com blog quite a lot and they set up hundreds of interviews with their users to learn more about them.

If you get more traffic / customers and can't do the one-on-one meeting, try gathering info from your customer service team, have them ask the right questions to know why customers chose your product. We can assume and guess all we want but the best way to build a high-converting website is actually to study your customer's behavior and see what's unique about your brand and why they decide to go with you and not the competition.

Of course then few basics:
    - easy on-boarding/check out process (get rid of all unnecessary steps)
    - building trust (clear contact info, maybe a live chat window, some badges of authority 3rd parties like Paypal...)
    - have a clear call to action (tell users what they need to do and make it easy for them to do it)
    - A/B testing (it's the only way you'll optimize and find out what really works)
    - Ask people for feedback about your website (you can run user tests through 3rd party websites like www.usertesting.com/ or find a Reddit feed where you can ask users for their opinion on your website, Quora can also be a great place for that)

aureliechazal, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  2. IrmaB

IrmaB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say that people are wanting you to feel there pain and have a solution for them. They want you to relate as a real person. I think that there is so much spam and people just wanting to make a buck that they forget that there is a real person needing a real solution on the other side. Treat people as you would want them to treat you!

IrmaB, Dec 5, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  3. Ahmed Kaludi

Ahmed Kaludi Member

Best Answers:
    Well Said.

Ahmed Kaludi, Dec 6, 2014 IP
  4. peoplesguide

peoplesguide Member

Best Answers:
    You can make your online business successful if you will give the best things to the internet users. You will surely succeed if they are satisfied to your content, to your products, to your website, etc.

peoplesguide, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  5. workingaswriter

workingaswriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    1. Have a good website that has social media presence.
    2. Join a product-selling forum
    3. Publish articles to build website rank.

Thank you.

workingaswriter, Dec 13, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  6. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't sell a product, sell an idea, a benefit that they'll receive after purchasing.

Work consistently on the message that you send out to the world and always create high quality content.

Alex Toll, Dec 16, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  7. popsayed

popsayed Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you to make good and permanent audience. Then you would become a successful in your own business.

popsayed, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  8. T-Law

T-Law Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being human and building genuine relationships have changed my life personally and professionally. Thinking long-term instead of scamming for short-term gains is what has been the most valuable experience so far.

T-Law, Dec 17, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog and jrbiz like this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What a great response. This encapsulates what having a successful business, online or offline, and a successful life is all about, in my opinion. I wish that more people felt this way.

jrbiz, Dec 17, 2014 IP