1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What makes you follow/unfollow someone on Twitter?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Li Weng, Jan 13, 2009.

For me to follow someone, they have to:

1. update regularly
    2. have a real name (not something like success4u)
    3. somewhat related to my interests

For me to unfollow, it's because:

1. they don't update for days
    2. they spam
    3. they don't interact but just broadcast

What about you?

Li Weng, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  2. FreeKii

FreeKii Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people on Twitter probably go from Twit to Twit and follow the first 5-10 people on their followers or following list. Very few probably examine carefully who they should follow.

It is so easy to un-follow someone if their contributions are clouding your Tweets View.

If you notice that when you follow someone that you appear at the top of their followers page. After a few days or week you're much further down the page and maybe past the 5-10 top followers on that list.

If you un-follow and re-follow that same person you re-appear at the top of their followers list. This gives you re-exposure when others come to that same list and follow the top 5-10 people on the list.

FreeKii, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  3. notepage

notepage Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to hear other thoughts. I just started with Twitter, and I'm trying to make sense of it all. I would love to see something that details "Twitter Etiquette".

notepage, Jan 14, 2009 IP