1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What makes more money? Producing content or marketing content

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Molzer, May 30, 2017.

Hey, the title says it. And with marketing I mean like affiliate marketing, basically selling digital products from other people and getting commission.

Molzer, May 30, 2017 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It can take a long time to build a solid profile of creating content, however, if you produce
    low quality content, then those that market the content will have very little results....

there a number of steps that could result in failure, or success...

1: is the content well written?
    2: Is the content over optimized?
    3: Is the content nicely formatted?
    4: Is the content setup in an attractive post?

It does not matter what you are selling, there is a good chance that the
    market is already competitive, and that is not good for you, and even if
    you have the best written content on the planet, that alone, will not
    guarantee you any level of success, more factors to consider....

1: what is the quality of your website...
    (a simple design/change can make the difference between failure, and success)
    2: bad seo plan can also have a negative impact on your wonderful content, if you have
    bad seo, and/or bad on page seo, then you would most likely just be spinning your wheels....

I do not think I have ever seen anyone on DP that pays $5 for content ever
    brag about how their content is making them lots of money, however, I could be wrong....

Even if you are doing everything right, it can take sometime for backlinks, and content
    marketing to start showing any results, it may take anywhere from months to years....
    (this depends on how competitive your niche is)

dscurlock, May 30, 2017 IP
  3. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is all circumstantial. It's a lot easier to get started promoting other people's products and services than it is to create your own. You know the old saying, if you can't beat them, JOIN THEM.

gregdavidson, May 30, 2017 IP
  4. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing content by itself would make more money as opposed to producing and then marketing content. Content already made only needs marketing as opposed to first produce and then market the content later.

Milliardo, May 31, 2017 IP
  5. hoadongtien

hoadongtien Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am doing both at the same time. And associated with social networking. Some affiliate marketers often hire other people to write content, but these are usually non-quality content. I have been working for 2 months and still have not got any results.

hoadongtien, May 31, 2017 IP
  6. Franciscus Pruis

Franciscus Pruis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would start with selling other peoples products. Get experience on the selling side. And when you sell their products you will get new ideas how to improve their products/ideas. Creating your own products. Do the groundwork :)

Franciscus Pruis, May 31, 2017 IP
  7. KBay

KBay Peon

Best Answers:
    Do what you can do better. If you can sell well - do marketing. If you are the best - you will make money.

KBay, May 31, 2017 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about producing and marketing content will make you money... not one more than the other.

NetStar, Jun 1, 2017 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You need to do both.

dcristo, Jun 1, 2017 IP
  10. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Producing content will result in more targeted keywords. On the other hand marketing will give you better SERP. So I think both will work great.

FarrisFahad, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  11. JohnApuna

JohnApuna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Producing your own content can be more lucrative long term vs marketing content can produce income almost immediately

JohnApuna, Jun 4, 2017 IP
  12. BaskingRock

BaskingRock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You usually have to do some content creation even if you're selling someone else's product. That could mean ad copy or creating your own website to bring in traffic to their affiliate offer.

What will make more money for you is impossible to answer. It will depend a lot on the product and your skills, whether you are an affiliate or not.

BaskingRock, Jun 4, 2017 IP
  13. BryanBB

BryanBB Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting question. I have spent the last 4 years building a web site, my own where we create content for other peoples web sites. We have struggled mightily in getting off the ground. We have great content, 8 individual products, but have yet to make nickel one. So we are in a spot where we have created the content, and now are trying to market it. I think where we are failing is in the marketing process, we have the product, as you may have, that is not enough, you need to be able to sell the content, which is where we are failing and it could be an issue for you as well.
    Unless your question is just theoretical, I would say marketing product is far more difficult than just creating it.

BryanBB, Jun 18, 2017 IP
  14. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Creating content is a good thing to do, but you need patience and should see it as a long term project. You will need to setup a niche website. It should have a modern design and not look oldish. Look at different websites in the same niche. If you see something new which looks good, emulate it. Also, you need to work with the SEO part. Build up a presence on social media. Join groups and share your link. The content should also be well written and well formatted. Choose the right keywords to attract traffic.

MrKing01, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  15. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    You have to learn by trying different things how to generate traffic to your site.
    There are proven steps on how to do this. Take successful entrepreneurs as an example and try to copy them...

Bielefelder, Jul 10, 2017 IP