1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What made you select your Hosting Provider?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by NuWebHosting, Sep 28, 2016.

What was the determining factor that made you select the Hosting provider you are with or you plan to choose?

Cost?
    Support?
    Company?
    Reputation?
    Reference or Referral?

NuWebHosting, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  2. OtB WordPress Hosting

OtB WordPress Hosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I build sites and do SEO for clients, so I needed to know which hosts were reliable, affordable and fast, since site speed is an important search engine ranking factor.

I started by only looking at hosts with plans under $30-40 a month, then I found a dozen or two WordPress sites on each of several dozen and ping tested them to see how fast they were.

I took the top 9 and set up accounts on all of them. I installed an exact copy, cloned WordPress install that is heavy with images and plugins and ran apples to apples load time tests on all 9, and then asked some standard support questions to their tech support to see how they responded, and how quickly.

This helped me narrow it down to the four I recommend to my clients - Lightning Base (best for small biz sites), SiteGround (best "cheap" host - go for their $7.95 plan), CloudWays (fastest affordable cloud VPS I found) and Flywheel (best for beginners and designers) - each for different sorts of clients / websites.

OtB WordPress Hosting, Oct 15, 2016 IP
  3. Hosting-provider

Hosting-provider Peon

Best Answers:
    I chose my current provider due to the reasonable price for the specifications they offer, the money-back guarantee and of course the 24/7/365 support.

Hosting-provider, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  4. Lamorld

Lamorld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can recommend you to try to compare rates, features, compatibility, performance and reliability.

Lamorld, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  5. Encopyho

Encopyho Peon

Best Answers:
    I always look for a few things:
    1. Reliability
    2. Support/Knowledge
    3. Price
    As the others have said, you get what you pay for really.

Encopyho, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  6. Slipworth

Slipworth Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at your current usage and double it at least, triple is even better because coming half way through the month and running out of bandwidth is probable the worst thing you can do for your website, your users will probable desert you, if they see it isn’t online for a day or two.

Slipworth, Nov 21, 2016 IP