1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what link directory building software is good?

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by ginostylz, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That's fairly insane.

I would not want the legal liability inherent in having administrative access to thousands of sites on the Internet.

Any of them could blame me if something went wrong, even if I had nothing to do with it.

In addition, if someone compromised my systems and records and used them to compromise thousands of my customer systems... I could be in court until I died of old age.

Will.Spencer, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Prolly why he's since removed it from the script :)

john_loch, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  3. tozzo

tozzo Guest

Best Answers:
    search, add, search again, add again.... does purchasing a link building software automate any of the process for you?

tozzo, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  4. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some link building software can help with the proccess.
    zeus, while it gets a bad rap, can search for related partners, email them, add links, and recip check. Aerilis can do the same, but it will only prepare the email message instead of emaiking it for you. Also it does not have an submit form integrated; you would have to have a form that links to your email instead.

I have gotten used to mrcgiguy.com's hotlinks sql. I let them install the script, but thay installed it weird. I have a 5domain hosting account, and they didn't ftp it right so the installed it 2-3 times so I have tons of duplicate files. Anyway I have learned how to play with some of the templates to customize it a little, but be prepared to reght html a little because the templates are .txt files. Which are used by the script when running the program in html mode. Because I got 3 of each file on accident and was afraid to delete any of them it was tough learning for me.

Well I was pretty angry with hotlinks sql at first I am pretty happy with it now.

ginostylz, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  5. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I just filed a report with theplanet (dot) com against that company today mrcgihosting (dot) com because I have a backlink showing up in google that shows their url and when clicked on it goes to another domain of mine totally seperate from the domain the backlink shows up on. The anchor text for the link is their domain name.

I have tried to call them several times but no response, leaving messages doesnt work as well. So I had to call the abuse dept at the planet where they got their server from and I guess they will handle it.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  6. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The script before hotlinks sql 2.3 had a huge bug in it. The cgi links going outbound used a meta refresh originally, or something that hurt SE rankings for who you linked out to. This bug was fixed in version 2.3. It seems like they need to upgrade their script.

The upgrade is free, and when you log in to your directory control panel, hotlinks sql has text in red.
    quote from page "9/8/04 - IMPORTANT Update! Your out.cgi file MUST be updated. More Info"and then it linked to the page that has the update data. Also before the update, Google treated something as duplicate data but I'm not sure what. I have linked to my main site from almost everypage and I still remain at the top for my SERP.

The update is free, and they also talk about it in their hotlinks forum.

ginostylz, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  7. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I use www.linkalizer.com which has proven to be quite usefull. People sign up to their site and then they can exchange links with each other.

I'm sure it's all been done before but I find I get a lot of people coming to me for link exchanges which beats looking for them ;)

Weirfire, Nov 6, 2004 IP
  8. Richmond, Virginia SEO

Richmond, Virginia SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    My company uses Arelis and we have been happy with the results and the support. We have also use Linkmanager.com for a few clients. It has a monthly expense of $20 but it has some nice automation features.

Richmond, Virginia SEO, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  9. megri

megri Active Member

Best Answers:
    megri, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  10. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    subseo, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  11. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    The one I recently discovered and seems to be a good one is http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/

Also boonex seems to really good.. so far I am very imperesed with this software :)

NeoGen, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I can't seem to find on your web site where this script is downloadable.

Will.Spencer, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  13. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Damn... that does look cool.

Unfortunately, once you pick a script for a directory... switching seems like an impossibly Herculean task.

Will.Spencer, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  14. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Bang on, you are right, even I am looking to move from my current script to this one, but doesn't seems to be a easy task with more than 2000 entries in my directory...

NeoGen, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  15. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Can I ask, what are your reasons to switching from Boonex to Phplinksdirectory?

subseo, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  16. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm only familiar with LinksManager, but with that program you can both export and import all your links via a text file. Is that not possible with the programs you are presently using and with phplinkdirectory?

compar, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  17. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Currently I am using biz_directory not Boonex. Boonex is a nice directory script.

NeoGen, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  18. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Porting data from one directory to another is not a big task, I have done that a couple times.

honey, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  19. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Great! Generally how you go about doing it.. what are some of the key steps involved!

NeoGen, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  20. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've got a free one to offer too:
    www.phplinkdirectory.com
    The 2.0 version is coing out tomorrow. Take a look at some of the new features here:
    http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66
    You'll also find a link to the admin area in that post.

dvduval, Jun 5, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.