1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of sick game is SERP on google?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by ArmKaz, Mar 2, 2010.

Hi, lately I have had a problem with one of my most important keywords ranked on Google. Basically it was "create polls", I was ranked on the 6th page, and lately for the past month I had done a lot of dofollow backlinks links. I think i have about 200+ in total for that specific keyword. So 3 days ago, I check my ranking for the keyword, and honestly it dropped by 11 pages right down to page 17. I have been doing lots of backlinks trying to improve my ranking, I even make the correct keywords for in my meta and it drops. Lately for certain keywords like "centos vs linux 2010" suddenly i am ranked 1st. I do not understand this. I work hard for something and it makes it worse, and when i dont work on a certain keyword like "centos vs linux 2010" i get first for no reason.

Honestly, can anyone explain to me why this has happened and what would be the solution, because i am extremely mad about google. On yahoo for my keyword "create polls" I am ranked on the first page. It just doesn't make sense with google.

ArmKaz, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  2. ourktm

ourktm Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is quite confusing to understand how google ranks websites. One day you are in the first page and the other day you go to the third page.

And you are trying to get the meta keywords correct? Well, as far as I know meta keywords do not matter any more on google. It also seems like you have built a lot of backlinks in a short period of time. Well this is not welcomed and does not look natural and might be one of the reason why google pushed you back. You should build backlinks at a steady rate and not at once.

But sometimes google just messes around with the rankings. It has happened to me a couple of times. I might be in the first page for a certain keyword and the next day I am not ranking in that keyword but instead I get the top rankings for some other keyword. But after sometime my site returns back to its original place. You can wait and see whether you get ranked back or you can undo what you did recently and that might give you a slight chance of getting your ranking back.

ourktm, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. ArmKaz

ArmKaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a question. Does adwords increase your ranking on a certain keyword? and also how long does it take for google to update rankings usually?

ArmKaz, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  4. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if "Product Search" is the right place for your question, but anyway...

No, Adwords has no affect on your organic position in Google's SERPs.

It appears that Google sometimes gives a temporary boost to new articles/pages in a site, before settling back down. However if it was an older page, then its probably not the case.

The pages ranking may have fallen because... an older, strong link to your site was removed, or you made changes to the title or the text on the page, changed the pages URL structure, changed the link stucture of your site, over optimized, linked out to a bad/spammy site etc etc.

You should not have lost ranking because of the links you built. If too many links are built to a site/page in a short amount of time, the worst thing that will happen is the links will get ignored and not add value.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  5. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Google search criteria changes dynamically this effect on ranking. Back link with poor websites may be the reason of downgrade in google.

desperateboy, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  6. ArmKaz

ArmKaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have made changes to my title of the website but I am unclear of what the title should include.

ArmKaz, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  7. dooly26

dooly26 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ah, the glorious google dance. Don't try to understand it, it will drive you mad.

As long as you keep doing the right things yo uwill eventually see an improvement. It also depends on the competition fo rthat keyword and what they are doing. I think that keyword will take time and more than 200 backlinks to dominate.

dooly26, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  8. ArmKaz

ArmKaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Last time I checked with a website backlink checker. I have 1936 total backlinks. Not sure how many of them would be for that certain keyword but it is driving me mad.

ArmKaz, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  9. faraz_pcc

faraz_pcc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website might be pushed back because of many backlinks in short time. Try bulding links slowly about 10-15 links per day. Do not just concentrate on 1 keyword, build links for other keyword as well. If you have many backlinks for the same keyword google will think that you are spamming for that particular keyword.

faraz_pcc, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  10. BoxTrader

BoxTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck with your problem

BoxTrader, Apr 3, 2010 IP