1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of marketing should I do?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012.

I own a website called Intro Maker, it is a tool for HD logo animation online.

I'm trying with Adwords, but targeted clicks are REALLY expensive for our prices...

What would you recommend for my business?

Logo Animation Online

nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  2. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make some animations and give them away to sites, some of which would be in return for them saying "just got an intro from the kind guys at IntroMaker <link>" on (facebook|twitter|blog), repeat as needed.

blacknet, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  3. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Already done that. Even the website has 2 free videos with watermark, some people just upload them to Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and they say "Thanks IntroMaker.NET" with link to my website... but still... I need MORE traffic.

I'm willing to pay for advertising, but for rentable advertising... not adwords... is just I can't find any decent price for decent advertising on this niche.

nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  4. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would probably recommend a sponsored article at somewhere like tutsplus or on a few web design related sites. Nothing will convert or work as well for your money as well written articles on sites where the audience actually wants your tool - as it is good and useful.

blacknet, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  5. patoxy

patoxy Member

Best Answers:
    well find a niche research some keyword what do people want this day and create a website and start a business

patoxy, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  6. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Already done that too, not on tutsplus but in other websites/blogs.

nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  7. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you read the thread or you are just trying to reach the posts for Buy/Sell section? xD

nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  8. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, I can guess the response here then.. have you submitted to all the software directories and hotscripts style sites too?

If so then I guess all that's left is (a) increasing your conversion ratio, and (b) getting you more traffic through advertising. And on (b), google adwords will give you the best conversion rate and exposure hence why their cost is higher. So that really only leaves (a) and stumping up cash for (b) on a trial.

blacknet, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  9. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think I've submitted to all the software directories and hotscripts style sites, but I've submitted to a lot of them + social networks too (but I don't really like social networks... I'm not such a social guy).

Thanks for your time blacknet! you were like my mind mirror... I did exactly all your advices in the same order plus a lot of backlinks for google rankings and got the same conclusion.

Another idea I have in mind is make a blog (on another domain, like intromaker.org that I already own it), 1 post per video describing the effects in the video, the uses (business, gaming, and such), use some nice keywords, bold, h1, alt, etc... and see if I can redirect traffic from my keywords to my website (intromaker.net) practically for free.

I have time, since all my websites and business are automatic I always have free time to spend for advertising.

I'll make the URL's friendly too, with the H1 titles on each page, it will help a lot I guess.

If I keep failing then I will increase the prices and keep using adwords.

nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  10. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it helps any, the major put off for me was that there were no clearly visible prices on the site. If they had been visible then I would be much more likely to convert through to making a purchase.

blacknet, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  11. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can give it a try, I was trying to do that kind of marketing were people think all videos are free, they upload the logo, see how the logo looks on the video background and then when he is just 1 step to receive the video "Uh, oh, you must pay", it can be a lose of time for some people, but still that strategy is working.

Anyway, I will try adding the prices for each product in the catalog for a week the next week.

nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  12. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    There are few other options I believe, available! Try better SEO. If you can reach first page of Google, that will give you a lot of traffic! I can help you in this case. PM me and I will send you details.
    You can also try with advertising on some sites where they allow fixed price advertising. You will find lots of sites in BuySellAds. I also offer advertising on my site. I have a pretty good traffic (as I am in top of Google search for my keyword :cool: ). But I am not sure that my visitors will be interested to buy your products!

тнє Sufi, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  13. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to target niche keywords which will give you more quality traffic and higher conversion rate even the search traffic might low from there.
    for this service, you can partner with those related field and let them suggest their customer to your service with special price.
    Or you can advertise more on directories and classified that can bring you some traffic and sale as well.

JerrickYeoh, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  14. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have to work on the on-page SEO. I'm already first page on Google for the most important conversion keywords for my site, but not 1st place, the site has 900 visitors everyday, is not bad, the site has only 2 months, I think I'm doing it pretty good, but... I need more... we always need more.

nekrosis, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  15. PVSInternational

PVSInternational Peon

Best Answers:
    Online business you can do through your website, mean 3d animation, designing etc..

PVSInternational, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  16. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    do seo for your website services.

jhardy2008, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  17. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm on that :)

Any other advices?

Money is not a problem... I can invest on ads or whatever, but I need it to work so I can make some profit from it.

nekrosis, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  18. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe you are spamming a lot on DigitalPoint.

nekrosis, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  19. trudent

trudent Peon

Best Answers:
    Depend on you what do you want?

trudent, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  20. Hoppus

Hoppus Member

Best Answers:
    sorry if my reply was already covered in this thread, i only read half of it.

i'd recommend making seeking out advertising on youtube. there are tons of people still trying to get into youtube. if you could find some way to advertise them your website, i'm sure that could amount in a number of sales. i'd also suggest maybe writing an article like "starting an online business" and plug in your website.

just a couple of thoughts, best of luck sir.

Hoppus, Apr 7, 2012 IP