1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of layout do you prefer to see on a webpage

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by spanelli, Jul 22, 2012.

I just recently started my own spray tanning business and I am in the process of getting my website up and running. Looking for suggestions or feedback as to what you prefer to see when reading or navigating through a website? Colors, layout, horizontal or vertical menus etc..

eg. I personally don't care for black backgrounds with white text, as I find it hard to read and hard on the eyes

Thanks!

spanelli, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  2. sanchyclub

sanchyclub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try to get a responsive layout.. so that your site will be available for all mobile and ipad visitors too!!

sanchyclub, Jul 22, 2012 IP
    ashleyjohn2347 likes this.
  3. ambrosiabhm

ambrosiabhm Peon

Best Answers:
    responsive / dynamic layout. Mobile friendly websites are a must now a days...

ambrosiabhm, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  4. Bryan Zazz

Bryan Zazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should ask such a question to your prospects, not any web browser dude at random.
    Whatever I or Joe The Plumber or even you think - is irrelevant! to a great extent,
    only your prospect's preference matter. If I were you, I'd search for similar type of business'
    web sites, and presuming that they did such a survey, get ideas and inspiration from them.
    How is that?

Bryan Zazz, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  5. bluegel

bluegel Member

Best Answers:
    Responsive Web Design with fluid layout is the best. This will allow to view your website from mobile devices to wide angled LCDs without any trouble.

bluegel, Jul 27, 2012 IP
  6. piyush.dcs

piyush.dcs Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if you are familiar with the technological term, but responsive layout is the way to go. Always create a site which resizes based on the user's screen and grid based layouts do it very well.

piyush.dcs, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  7. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    top and/or left side menus
    balanced template colors

atxsurf, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  8. cesurasean

cesurasean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dark colors.....

cesurasean, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  9. globeinnov

globeinnov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like clean and easy to navigate sites. I don't like dark colors as well. White is still what I prefer and then make sure it is a web 2.0 design.

globeinnov, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  10. Jagerr

Jagerr Peon

Best Answers:
    Design is an art, not a science. As such, there is not right way of doing things BUT there is a LOT of wrong ways of doing things. IE don't make text hard to read, no flashiness, don't over-clutter.

KISS - KEEP IT STUPID SIMPLE. Just don't make your users have to sit there and navigate -- it should be intuitive

Jagerr, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  11. ferrelm3

ferrelm3 Peon

Best Answers:
    For your spray tan website, I would make it clear right away what your website is about. Include deals on the front page and pictures of your tanning beds. People want to see what it will look like and will give your business some credibility. Also, have some taglines on the front and little bit of information about the business. Have a solid navigation on the front page and links that you want people to visit. Everything on the first page is crucial and could make or break your sale.

ferrelm3, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  12. ferrelm3

ferrelm3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, colors should be relevant to yours business. Have a horizontal or vertical menu (just needs to be visible). Make sure every element is clearly noticeable and obvious.

ferrelm3, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  13. clark31

clark31 Member

Best Answers:
    Simple to navigate, clean design that's pleasing to look at

clark31, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  14. psrb4u

psrb4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes keep it simple and light as much as possible. In todays world of mobile, tablets and smart phones, ensure that your site is also friendly to different OS platform.

psrb4u, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  15. ashleyjohn2347

ashleyjohn2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    Website should be easy to navigate and also available on iPhones and mobile apps.

ashleyjohn2347, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  16. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm older and probably not typical of your prospective customers, but I like a site without too much cluttered text, since I have to zoom in or put my reading glasses on for a site like that.

Also I prefer high contrast between text and background - it makes it easier to read. I leave sites with light yellow on white or anything that low in contrast.

Also I prefer uncluttered sites. Say what you have to, but no more. If I have to dig your navigation or message out of dozens of graphics, I'm not going to bother unless you're giving away next week's winning powerball number.

Rukbat, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  17. sunndu

sunndu Peon

Best Answers:
    Responsive site would do good. I would also suggest having mobile site too. Check out our website sunndu.com . If you need help please feel free to contact me.
    Thanks
    Michelle

sunndu, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  18. paulinetaylor85

paulinetaylor85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Responsive and WPTouch web designs are perfect designs and they provide a perfect view.

paulinetaylor85, Dec 14, 2012 IP