1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your marketing strategy?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, Jun 6, 2017.

Hi Digital Marketers,

I created this thread so members can share their marketing strategy. So please, share what you do to market your website.

Let's learn from each other.

FarrisFahad, Jun 6, 2017 IP
  2. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe the best marketing strategy is: do your best for your current clients and in time for sure they will send their friends to you and friends of friends. That is marketing over the long run but I believe that is going to work.

Gagsburg, Jun 7, 2017 IP
  3. Franciscus Pruis

Franciscus Pruis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Drive traffic to your lead capture page. Build that list. With targeted paid traffic.

Franciscus Pruis, Jun 7, 2017 IP
  4. AnneJay

AnneJay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Marketing is a huge area for us to learn and discover, it's all depends on your business type & marketing budget and we can discuss further from there :)

AnneJay, Jun 9, 2017 IP
  5. Nirav021

Nirav021 Member

Best Answers:
    Do your best for your current clients and in time for sure, they will send their friends to you and friends. That is marketing over the long run but I believe that is going to work a lot

Nirav021, Jun 9, 2017 IP
  6. collegeOnlineJob

collegeOnlineJob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that one of the best marketing strategies is list building. Because once you acquired an email address you can market to them for free for as long as you want. In the beginning, you maybe have to pay to get the leads but later on, it is (almost) for free!

collegeOnlineJob, Jun 9, 2017 IP
  7. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    I've been promoting affiliate / CPA offers for over 16 years.

However, I do it quite differently than most.

I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher compared to offers that require a sale to be made.

I favor offers that have a make, get or save money benefit to them, as they have overall worked the best. They also tend to have the greatest mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience), so the potential exists to produce high volume and they are fairly easy to cross promote on the back-end.

Some of the verticals (niches) I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, loans, debt, credit, mortgage, assistance, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

The bulk of the offers that I promote pay $20-$40 per lead, but I also promote offers that pay more and less. You don't want to get caught up solely on what an offer pays because how well it converts is just as important. For example, if you have an offer that pays $9, but if it converts at 2X or more of a $20 offer, then it will perform about the same or possibly better. At the same time, if you have an offer that pays $90 and it converts poorly, it may not even be worth promoting.

Bottom line: it's far easier to get someone fill out a short form than to get them to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. So why struggle with trying to sell this or that, when you can provide free information that users want/need and get paid well doing it.

I drive traffic by acquiring 3rd party email data, which is data that the users have shown an interest in a specific vertical(niche) and have given permission to receive messages from third parties. You get the opt-in record for every user and it's 100% can-spam compliant.

By acquiring data, I'm building assets that I then own and can market to over and over at very low cost. So I control the traffic and can drive it on-demand. However, 3rd party data will rarely be as responsive as a high-quality opt-in list you build yourself. But it really doesn't matter because it is much cheaper and highly scalable compared to convention list building.

So the key to making it work is to always be collecting your opens / clickers, segmenting, and removing unresponsive users. That way over time you are building smaller, but more responsive lists that you should eventually be able to send less and make more with each mailing. Essentially you're converting the data from quantity to quality.

In the end, I'm able to consistently produce leads / clicks at a fraction of the price of mainstream list building / marketing. Which is why so many fail...they can't generate cost effective traffic. When combined with PPL offers (no purchase required), the long-term income potential is huge.

Basically, I monetize the data using PPL offers because they offer the path of least resistance to generating conversions/$$$ and converting the data into cash producing assets.

Obviously, there is far more to it, but done right it can be extremely profitable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, much comes down to one's ability to scale and effectively build / manage the infrastructure needed to scale.

Anyway, something to think about.

eMonetize, Jun 11, 2017 IP
  8. Sarah M

Sarah M Peon

Best Answers:
    I find the best strategies for Marketing are Adwords, social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) and definitely SEO. The company I work with use all 3 strategies and our traffic is growing immensely! Best of luck!

Sarah M, Jun 12, 2017 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing strategy will be a broad campaign in which you can acquire the best and appropriate medium to effectively target your audience while benefiting them in many ways. This will be usually organic and paid.

KylieSweet, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  10. freddyshelton

freddyshelton Peon

Best Answers:
    As I am concerned, the best marketing strategy for me is SMS Marketing. It provides exact and proper company information to the customers in a short time and the best way to take instant customer reviews and feedback and two way communication without internet connection.

freddyshelton, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  11. PASnow

PASnow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with this. From a website builder perspective, one thing I struggle with in reaching out to businesses is when a small company has a current website, which looks terrible, or they own the domain name, but no site yet and I get the old "Our son-in-law/brother/son/friend handles it". Well it looks like a terribly built website even in 2007. Its a challenging obstacle to overcome, but not everyones interested.

PASnow, Sep 15, 2017 IP