1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your biggest problem with making money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by markinternet, Sep 3, 2012.

1. jenyfarlopej

jenyfarlopej Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that money making is easily possible. However it's online or offline. Till now I can't income money from online by less effort.

jenyfarlopej, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  2. Lewey Lu

Lewey Lu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's right. But sometimes we have too many business that we find it hard. I only have lead gen funnel right now that's why I don't feel a lot pressure. If go outside the box, then maybe I can understand you. :)

Lewey Lu, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  3. JC037

JC037 Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree wit DigiGirl719. My biggest challendge has been finding trustworthy people to work with online. Money has not been an issue for me. I work for a big cooperation in the USA And I make a decent salary. My only reason for my internet venture is financial independence; not having to depend on a weekly paycheck regardless of how good it is. Having to show up to work everyday from 7am-5pm (sometimes even longer hours) and spending more time at work than with my family. Having said that, I have spent around $1,000 trying different methods that have not worked. That's a discouragement in itself. I'm still trying, but with much more hesitation. Good luck with your article. I hope this helps.

JC037, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  4. JC037

JC037 Peon

Best Answers:
    I meant: a big corporation not cooperation lol.. My Auto-spelling failed me lol...

JC037, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  5. josephng

josephng Peon

Best Answers:
    I had recently finished a 3-day workshop on internet marketing (in particular about email marketing and list building) organized by a guru.

He told me that some of the biggest reasons that most people fail to make money online are:

1) They don't have a system (by system means a combination of few internet marketing methods that work with each other). Example, MacDonald's franchising system compared to a typical restaurant system. People fail, systems work!

2) Information overload: There are just too much information on the internet, we don't even know where to start from! I had actually paid thousands of dollars to join a course and for the first time in my career in internet marketing, I know where to start from and how to work on from there.

3) Lack of a strong, compelling reason and lack of belief that IM works: In any business (including IM), you just have to keep on pushing yourself until it works. There are success stories in any business, including IM itself. Always have plan and goals. When you stumbled upon a plan or goal, ask yourself why it does not work and how to make it work.

There are more, but point (1) is the strongest reason why.

josephng, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  6. :-)

:-) Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you just have to find the right niche and exploit it. If its making money from advertising then you have to have a site that people want to buy advertising on, relying on Google adsense is tricky because a) it doesn't pay that well anyway to be honest (depending on niche) b) there is lots of terms and conditions such as copyrighted content etc.. (which is weird but also means that if you place some Youtube videos on your site then you are not able to place adsense on your site since some Youtube videos have copyrighted content on them, for example episodes,snippets of episodes of TV shows) for example, I own a lot of coupon websites, I wanted to place the Youtube embedded videos of a tv show called 'Extreme couponing' but I didn't want too go against the adsense terms and conditions, I do like adsense even though it doesnt pay great its easy and simple and shows good ads.
    This also applys to copyrighted images also, in google adsense TOS it says no copyrighted images, alot of sites go un noticed but this can lead to your adsense account being terminated.

I would suggest trying to make money from affiliate programs or.. Your own product or service, this way you are only relying on yourself to make the profit.

:-), Sep 9, 2012 IP
  7. josephng

josephng Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'm not quite sure how was the 1,000 dollars spent on what methods. There are few pointers here for you to consider when you purchase or buy certain programs that I hope it can help you:

1) If a program promises you to earn X dollars in Y minutes/days/months or programs that tells you to sit back and wait for money to fall on your lap, better to forget about it! I would prefer programs/ courses that tells me that I can expect to get X no. of traffic in Y time (for example)

In other words, you may consider more on products that promises you certain results in daily course of your IM business, not those that promises you monetary gains.

2) A lot of people thought that IM is easy and get-rich-quick. It was never meant to be that way. It requires discipline (say you have to devote 1-2 hours per day to work it on), the will to succeed, and your ultimate goal (yeah it might sound like preaching and such but trust me, if you have no goals to set, then you won't know what kind of effort you will want to put in!)

3) I never like guru or mentor that only teaches me one and only one aspect of IM to succeed. For example, I won't like a guru to teach me how to write a perfect sales letter. So what if I write perfectly? Do I have the traffic, can I retain my loyal subscriber, and do I know how to design a nice website? I prefer a complete system on how all these work in tandem (and hence, The System)

4) I feel the biggest problem any marketer would face is traffic generation. You can be the best writer, the best website designer and the best marketing guru. If you do not know how traffic generation works, then it is as good as failure.

josephng, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  8. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. I find that how I earn money online, is not consistent, with some days even earning nothing. Most methods are either one off's or rely on user input, with users being difficult to turn into return cash flow.

Grit., Sep 9, 2012 IP
  9. thehighnumbers

thehighnumbers Peon

Best Answers:
    The Biggest problem with being successful online is most people give up, to be successful you must keep trying until you are successful.

Most people give up once they run into failure. You must fail to succeed in any business, whether it be online or offline. When you fail you grow, you only need to be

successful one time. So get out there and fail until you succeed

thehighnumbers, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  10. rajeev99

rajeev99 Peon

Best Answers:
    The gestation period for internet companies are longer. IMO that is the real challenge for internet business.

rajeev99, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  11. Ayau15

Ayau15 Peon

Best Answers:
    Cannot focus when do it. I think I must find the best way to earn money from Internet Marketing

Ayau15, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  12. adamscot

adamscot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not consistent...,

adamscot, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  13. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Payment processing system,
    always feeling tense about it.

lolpasslol, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  14. fredraz

fredraz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Before making money whenever you want you should have a patience first of all. Time and patience are your allies. For me the greatest obstacle in making money was only the payment system - you need to have whether different accounts in different systems or to have an universal one. I chose the first option and it was a headache first time to manage everything. But I want to points again - time is an ally, just give a little time for you and your business and you will get a success.

Regards,
    Fred.

fredraz, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  15. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your comment everyone, yes it takes patients and a game plan i found to succeed, i am making money online, but it wasn't easy at all for me, i had to work hard now i have the system that make me money daily, but it wasn't an easy ride , as i made alot of mistakes but now know what the big boys do in IM, so just model them and its working so far.

markinternet, Sep 10, 2012 IP
  16. ElleSorbet

ElleSorbet Member

Best Answers:
    I think for me, number 1 is motivation - finding that drive to sit down and actually work inside of screwing around. After that....making sure I have a steady stream or clients or some other eggs to fill in the gaps. With online work you can never be too sure of when the plug is going to be pulled on your gig and it's over.

ElleSorbet, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  17. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest problem is to have patience. You always need to spend your money and time to get good results.

adbash, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  18. Maschit

Maschit Peon

Best Answers:
    I learn yesterday in the adult ST John Class about hypnosis. people can be as super success or as super stupid - it all in your mind

I hypnosis my hand is ice cool, so I did needle prick in hand. suggest what it do not hurt at all and no blood come out

Maschit, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  19. sandy6m

sandy6m Peon

Best Answers:
    I am puzzled. After not having earned any money you would assess some systems as great?

sandy6m, Sep 12, 2012 IP
  20. TurkeyEater

TurkeyEater Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think making money online really depends on the person. A person that takes the time to teach him or herself how to research keywords, identify low competition niches, and maybe even how to do a little web design is the person who will be successful online and should ultimately be the ones to invest more money into the venture. Personally, I feel that that is the biggest problem people have when it comes to making money online. If you don't have a self motivated personality and a passion for bettering yourself, you wont make it in this industry. Internet profitability comes from long term hard work, staying on top of the industry, and not getting burnt out.

Good luck with your article. I hope this helps.

TurkeyEater, Sep 12, 2012 IP