1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your biggest marketing fail?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by David Pen, Jun 27, 2013.

Okay, I know everyone's perfect and they've never failed in their life, right? Yeah, get out of town. Seriously... start walking!

Okay, but being serious: what was your biggest marketing fail and why? How did you do it? What were you thinking when you did it? Did anybody warn you? Were the odds for you or against you? Did you just get unlucky? Tell me all the juicy bits of your story.

David Pen, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Don't get carried away spending on PPC advertising. Several years back I wasted thousands in hopes of hitting it big with PPC advertising. Don't get me wrong it's a great way to advertise, but it is also addictive and can become like gambling. Next thing you know you've spent $100 and $1000 there with no or little ROI.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    qwikad.com, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  3. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Qwikad, thanks for sharing. I have been in a similar boat, so I know what you mean. What did you do instead that did work, when you realized too much PPC advertising was not getting you anywhere?

David Pen, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not I did ebay, craigslist and backpage advertising instead. Got some quality traffic and leads, but then I realized that the business I was in back then was a dying business (I was selling liquid vitamins) , so I eventually switched to something else. It was a good experience though, I grew a lot in my understanding how online business, sales, etc. worked.

qwikad.com, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  5. David Pen

David Pen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end. Do you spend much on PPC anymore?

David Pen, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I do, but I don't spend nearly as much on it. I sell services, not products this time (I try to stay on 3-4 pages which still gives me enough following yet my pay per click is fairly low).

What was your negative experience with PPC advertising?

qwikad.com, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  7. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I was paying way too much to run an e-commerce store from which I didn't make any money. However, I learned from it and switched to a free secure platform where I'll stay 'til I make more money.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  8. awebd

awebd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I spent $200 buying ads on buysellads only to find out i had 4 click from it.
    Iam not blaming buysell ads but it could have been my own ad which people did not click. I could have used that money is other ways... :(

awebd, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  9. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    My biggest failure is not working in time-table/discipline!

SERPpoint, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  10. radium

radium Active Member

Best Answers:
    My biggest failure was an online shopping project, I don't even want to talk about it.

radium, Jul 1, 2013 IP