1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your best link building strategy?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bici scatto fisso, Mar 10, 2016.

?

Which is the best link building technique?

1. Blog Commenting

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Guest Post

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Article Marketing

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. PBN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Link exchange

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Feroz Syed

Feroz Syed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I create awesome infographics and do infographic marketing through blogger/email outreach- It acts as link bait and generates lots of do-follow backlinks but initially we should approach relevant bloggers/website to get our infographic publish there thats it. You can Google my recent infographic " Top 6 Most powerful Latest SEO strategy 2016" It has got more than 40+ Backlinks from TLD sites. I found this idea on backlinko.com by Brian Dean - He named this strategy "Skyscrapers Technique". Hope that helps:)

Feroz Syed, Apr 7, 2016 IP
  2. 2015518

2015518 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you just need ranking high your keywords
    then build quality baclinks

2015518, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  3. WebScavenger

WebScavenger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like linkbuilding with RSS feeds. This is an easy way to syndicate your content all over the place and it also gets picked up by news and authority sites this way. RSS feed marketing is one of the most overlooked marketing strategies imo.

WebScavenger, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  4. Malika.Sharma

Malika.Sharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe, comments can be good only when they serve a purpose. I think, @David Camp was referring to the 'practice' where blog commenting used to be the backbone or formed a major portion of your backlinks profile where the quality of links sites was totally ignored.

Malika.Sharma, Apr 10, 2016 IP
  5. David Camp

David Camp Peon

Best Answers:
    It's correct. Most blog comment links aren't relevant the contents. So be aware.

David Camp, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  6. pcbro34

pcbro34 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me its guest posts/blogposts on high quality, relevant sites & homepage links on trusted sites. The links must be dofollow as well.

pcbro34, Apr 17, 2016 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Only if you are looking for a penalty of un-natural link building...
    google would expect that you will get non-relevant links, and nofollow links...
    If you are only getting "relevant" and "do-follow" then just hold up a red flag, and wave....
    You also must vary your anchor text, focus more on brand, then generic, then money keywords....

However, if you are afraid to move because you are in constant fear of google, then you probably
    do not need to be online, as long as you are online, you will be afraid to do anything, and nothing gets done.

It is not overlooked at all, its called "duplicate" content. If I publish feed from your site to mine, now I have duplicate content, and if you are a new site, this could hinder your rankings, as for me, the content may index, it may not, and if it does index, then it may get a lower rank. Authority sites can get way with this because they have authority, and google trust. If you want the highest ranking possible, then you need to keep your content on your site, at least until you gain enough authority in the eyes of google. I just assume you share links to my content, not come take my content, then post it on your site as if the content was your own, and even worse, if your site is low quality, then points back to the source content. I would rather just keep the content on my site, then I can control the quality of backlinks I get to a certain degree, not every backlink will be good.

sorry, google is a double edged sword,
    and google has double standards....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    dscurlock, Apr 17, 2016 IP
  8. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Buying high authority links on well known websites, it's one way to rank your website fast.

evelinawilliams007, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  9. Kyle Hicks

Kyle Hicks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found that you tube videos with transcripts get picked up by other web sites and that how you get a lot of backlinks. The trick is when you submit a transcript to Google, include fully qualified URL when you mention your web site. More popular your video - more shares of your transcript you will get. One of my video got on first page of Reddit and my site, when Google was big on PR, got PR5 almost instantly. This video was shown on every TV channel in the world after that. But what got me PR5 was the transcript I posted along with the video. So when people click "CC" button on the video they were seeing full URL, for example: "http://www.digitalpoint.com".

I also do my own compilations of disasters - plane crashes, car accidents. You need to use one of the tools like screen o matic and re-arrange screens so that your video does not go under "copied" flag. From that point, create your own transcript, describe what's happening on the video and say - this video is by http..... your web site. It will get shared a lot!

Kyle Hicks, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Someone mentioned article marketing, yes if it's done right.

Good ol' directories don't work any longer and can even hurt your rankings.

11. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing was once good, however, and you can get away with sharing content
    if you are the authority site, but today, article marketing means sharing "duplicate" content....

This is a google double standard, if you are the authority, dish out all the news content you
    can, however, if you are on the receiving end of the content, then you never will be an authority,
    and you may get penalized for having duplicate content; real funny how that works....

dscurlock, Apr 19, 2016 IP
  12. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That is basically exactly what I've said earlier in the thread. High authority links are all a website needs to rank high and HIGHER :)

13. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    Creating amazing content (white papers, infographics, guides, etc.) can attract links naturally.

appkodes, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  14. Rachel@MoreNiche

Rachel@MoreNiche Peon

Best Answers:
    Guest posting, interviews, building lists of influencers. Basically ego bait (though I hate the term), this method means that you're creating quality content at the same time as earning links.

I think just always make sure that you're going about it in an honest way. For example don't make a list of the '5 best blah blah blah..' if you're only including people based on the likelihood of getting the link at the expense of quality/honesty.

Rachel@MoreNiche, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  15. DarwinJones

DarwinJones Member

Best Answers:
    sorry what's PBN?

DarwinJones, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  16. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do and whichever way you build up, I just make sure few things :

True to yourself, write your own thoughts, donot copy anything what is not yours, no bad or negative comment or marketing, no unnecessary placements of links on other sites. Instead of copying and following what other are doing, why not create our own unique way of link building. Remember the big brother is always watching and the more real and genuine your content and article is on your sites or blogs, the big brother will drag others to your site.

China_girl, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  17. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Checking my competitors link profiles and see if there are easy links I could get.
    2. Check my competitors articles and FB posts and see which has more backlinks and engagement. Create similar articles, only deeper or more quality.
    3. Contact other influential bloggers, and have a post roundup with their view/opinions. When done, tell them. Some will link to the post

iskandar, May 21, 2016 IP
  18. umairqureshi

umairqureshi Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend for guest posting, with unique content for creating a link building.

umairqureshi, May 23, 2016 IP
  19. umairqureshi

umairqureshi Member

Best Answers:
    Can you list out article marketing sites? where we can post unique article for promoting our product?

20. umairqureshi

umairqureshi Member

Best Answers:
    you mention in your answer ("Blog commenting and reviews").
    Reviews for paid or free?
    Blog commenting are useful now a days? Because when ever you submit a link in blogs "bot" automatically removed link.