1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is xmpp?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by i_am_dhaval, Mar 4, 2012.

What is xmpp?

is it useful for develop Facebook type chat ?

if yes then can i use that in asp.net project ?

can anyone guide me in right way?

i_am_dhaval, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  2. i_am_dhaval

i_am_dhaval Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can anyone suggest good forums for xmpp?

i_am_dhaval, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  3. kids

kids Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why you select XMPP when there many of jQuery chat script with the same function and more easier to embed to your website?

kids, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  4. i_am_dhaval

i_am_dhaval Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have try many

do you have any example of jQuery chat script? but should be one to one chat

i_am_dhaval, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  5. kids

kids Active Member

Best Answers:
    I remember there's a script as you need, but now jQuery Plugin has been downed (http://plugins.jquery.com/) so I can not search for it. You can try google with "jquery chat like facebook" keyword

kids, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    It's the sound an arrow makes when it strikes your chest.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxmmmmpp!

drhowarddrfine, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  7. NothingLikeThis

NothingLikeThis Member

Best Answers:
    its should be xampp,used with php.provides database and server for php

NothingLikeThis, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  8. kgntechnologies

kgntechnologies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Extensible Text messaging and Everyday living Method (XMPP) is an begin technology for real-time connections, which abilities a wide range of programs such as im, existence, multi-party conversation, conversation and video calls, collaboration, compact middleware, content posting, and common course-plotting of XML data.XMPP is an begin conventional. It is incorporated in The search engines Discuss. I pay attention to that it has a large cost.

kgntechnologies, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  9. Addyson

Addyson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think for chating purpose ajax is the best technique & u can use many other servers like apachi etc.....

Addyson, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  10. DerickThomas

DerickThomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is an open-standard communications protocol for message-oriented middleware based on XML (Extensible Markup Language).

DerickThomas, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  11. selfdefense

selfdefense Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is an open technology for real-time communication, which provides a wide range of applications such as instant messaging, presence, multi-party chat, voice and video, collaboration, middleware lightweight, content syndication, and generalized routing of XML data. The technology pages for more information on the different components "XMPP. Many books on Jabber / XMPP technologies available as well.

The core technology behind XMPP was invented by Jeremie Miller in 1998, perfected by the Jabber open source community in 1999 and 2000 and formalized by the IETF in 2002 and 2003, resulting in the publication of RFC 2004 XMPP (see history page for details).

Although the basic technology is stable, run run XMPP XMPP extensions in several communities through a process of open standards of the XMPP Standards Foundation to define. There is also an active community of open source developers and companies to produce a large number of XMPP-based software.

selfdefense, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  12. Addyson

Addyson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is A little bit spelling Difference Between XAMPP & XMPP First be clear that Topic is on XAMPP or XMPP, i think XAMPP is an open source cross-platform web server package, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MySQL database, and interpreters for scripts written in the PHP and Perl programming languages. & XMPP is an open-source IM protocol designed to allow interoperability between different IM client programs.

Thanks

Addyson, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  13. madgeek

madgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    i lost the touch but as i remeber there is an extensive l9brary and help manual in Facebook developer's page... try out

madgeek, Apr 12, 2012 IP