1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is "undue attention"

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by qll, Sep 3, 2004.

As on https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

Incentives
    Web pages may not include incentives of any kind for users to click on ads. This includes encouraging users to click on the ads or to visit the advertisers' sites as well as drawing any undue attention to the ads. This activity is strictly prohibited in order to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs. For example, your site cannot contain phrases such as "click here," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language that could apply to any ad, regardless of content.

Somebody said: even drawing a border around the AD is not allowed. Can anyone define "undue attention"?

They want the ad is shown properly as the text must be clearly visible. Also they don't want the ad to be seen as they don't want any "undue attention".

What is the balance here?

What is the difference between Showing the Ad in a different color and drawing corners around the ad?

qll, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HI QLL, I know this might sound simplistic, but have you asked the Google adsense team this question?

They are very approachable. Why not mock up a screen shot with a snatched adsense image, and show them what you are proposing to do? That way there can be no ambiguety and you can be safe, that you are not going to have youraccount suspended.

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 4, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hi,

playing both sides with my advertiser hat on - undue attention
    IS NOT a border or playing with colors
    IT IS a page that contains nothing of any interest except the ads
    IT IS a site or page that simply regurgitates search results and has nothing to offer than clicking somewhere (I do hate these sites)

Content relevancy is what I like about it, it is not AD's showered with a gardenhose which have nothing to do with the actual content like you get from standard ad servers. My clients and myself are happy to have ads shown on real content sites up to the point that we show competitive ads on our own sites - which for me is the spirit of doing this.

And yes I full subscribe to OWG's suggestion send a page mockup to ADS they are indeed very helpfull.

M

expat, Sep 4, 2004 IP