1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the secret of your success?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by medusa, Sep 25, 2005.

1. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Goals, targets and a good working knowledge of the genre's you want to get into.

When you choose your market then work hard as hell and don't stop, dominate your market in every conceivable way with varying income sources.

Cover all the basics that other sites offer but do them better, and bring something new to your chosen topic, offer new services and concepts.

It is rarely quick and you will have setbacks and disappointments but you need grit and a greater hunger to beat everyone and everything out there.

When you do build up a few superb sites and benefit from the traffic through adsense, look at other ways to maximise your income, if advertisers are paying for adverts on your site that are in your genre can you not offer the same services and build residual income, you can then research and investigate subscriptions, physical sales and affiliate schemes outwith adsense to strengthen your position in the market.

sji2671, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  2. webvivre

webvivre Peon

Best Answers:
    Secret 1: Niche market + content

It makes SERPs easier to achieve in a niche area + high rankings as G loves the content

Secret 2: Write and distribute articles with a signature containing the keyword you are targetting on the destination page

webvivre, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  3. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm feeling generious.
    Another secret is in addition to what Toxic said, optimize page(s) for the targeted adsense, this takes care of the seo part simultaniously.

Bud Wiser, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  4. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Work and learn every day.
    2. Test and track to see what really works for you.
    3. Find out what your users want, and give them the best possible service.

The rest will happen naturally.

Juan G, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  5. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    That ain't going to get you very far man. The real action is in doing what nobody else is doing. :)

exam, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  6. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right of course! But it could get him around $100 a month, which ain't too shabby in Thailand :)

Bud Wiser, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  7. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    That's right. 100$ a month in any Asian country, you can live modestly for a month, alone, that is. But in Thailand, with so many avenues for joy :)p ), it is very very difficult. If you know what I mean :)

medusa, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  8. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't come up with an original idea, then simply surf around the net until you come across a site where you think I could do that better.
    It's a standard way of doing business, find something someone's doing that you think might work, then go out and do it better.
    The best way is to find a niche with many advertisers/searches and few good sites. Then go out and dominate that niche. Then move on and find another one.

jlawrence, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  9. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, and that's not really copying per se, it's coming up with your own new, better idea, based on what someone else is doing. :)

exam, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  10. medusa

medusa Peon

Best Answers:
    We can call that continuous improvement :) It is no more plagiarism.

medusa, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  11. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Good!! adaptation, improvisation but weakness in comming up with new Ideas is not your techniques. :D :D

The Webmaster, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  12. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser Peon

Best Answers:
    Not too get too deep or off topic, but we are at a new thresh hold on the Interent regarding seo and web design. Much more automation. With programs that can pull up hundreds of articles for us to use legally, rss feeds, and even programs like article bot and para builder that can take articles and re-write them to the point of being totally different yet makes sense. There is no need to steal, or plagiarism any more. You simply find some thing of interest and re-create it. How is that different then finding some thing on your own, and coming up with your own twist to it? The only difference is the automation part of it. Think about it, you see, you get an idea, you exicute your own task. Automation simply does all that for you. I can't help wondering how far this technology will take us, SE's don't have a prayer to keep up with this sort of stuff as it simply gets better and better. I can't wait to see the next level of artificial inteligence. But even with all these "tools", make no mistake about it, the human mind is still the master. No matter how many tools you have or how great they are, if you lack the skills and talent, it still won't make that much difference, at least not yet :)

Bud Wiser, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  13. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Automation also clutters the internet with worthless directories, feeds, and link sites. Everyone is in it for the money and hance the overall internet expierence goe to hell.

IamNed, Oct 1, 2005 IP
    Mister Tut likes this.
  14. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    The internet went to hell when the first commercial site appeared.
    When I'm surfing for some information (or to buy something) I couldn't careless which site it comes from so long as I as a user gets what I want. If the original creator of that information can't get their site to the top of the SERPs then that's their problem, as a user I couldn't care less whether the information comes from the original source or an affiliate.

IamNed: To say that everyone is in it for the money is pure BS. It's probably fair to say that everyone using these forums is in it for the money, but as far as the internet is concerned we're a very very small minority compared to the number of other users out there.

jlawrence, Oct 1, 2005 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  15. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Writing ezine articles can be a massive benefit to your business.

dougadam, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  16. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this for backlinks or for actual click-throughs/traffic?

exam, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  17. fine

fine Peon

Best Answers:
    I am jsut about to quit. No matter how hard I tried, I just don't have much traffic.:eek:

fine, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Secret of success: Working on Saturday. :cool:

Will.Spencer, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  19. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    and sleeping on sunday

The Webmaster, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  20. lorien1973