1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the salary of a full time journalist in your local market?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Artashes, Oct 30, 2017.

We are considering hiring a full-time news writer / journalist for our tech publication, however given the budget constraints, we can afford North American-based professionals for a limited volume of work so far.

That made us wonder what are the average full-time salaries in your local market (think at least 3-4 years experience, respectable business/technology magazine or an online media organization, traditional 8-hour work day)? What salary level is considered very desirable? The one that would attract great talent with experience?

Artashes, Oct 30, 2017 IP
  2. jr777

jr777 Member

Best Answers:
    I used to know a girl who worked for the Daily Oklahoman. She probably made about thirty-five thousand a year starting out. I would have to think someone working for a tech mag would make much, much more. Are you thinking like Popular Mechanics or something?

jr777, Oct 30, 2017 IP
  3. Artashes

Artashes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @jr777 Much appreciate the response. That's somewhat in line with the local newspaper friend I had working in the west coast.
    I'd imagine The Verge being the better example with Wired mag being more of a feature level.

Artashes, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  4. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    They create stories in big media publications like Mens Health promoting protein shakes everywhere in magazine and online which is very harmful for health and people like Hrithik Roshan is suffering from Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes now as he drank lots of protein shakes just to be a Bollywood superstar and his family is behind this kind of condition they suffers from.

degreubiwa, May 9, 2018 IP
  5. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of writers for big sites like Huffington Crap Post are paid nothing. The sites claim that them writing free articles will provide "exposure" which may enable them to get writing gigs from others. It's a good method to get free content, but such a thing may not work on a small or new site.

billzo, May 10, 2018 IP