1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the reason for adsense's discrimination towards India and China?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by varghesenair, Jan 26, 2010.

1. HSman

HSman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is more than India, China. Pakistan as well and some other countries.

I see it as their steps to stop fraud coming these countries.

The same thing applies to PayPal, eBay, EPN even when u apply from these countries.

HSman, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  2. DavidTrudrung

DavidTrudrung Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I absolutely agree with that.

DavidTrudrung, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  3. coolstein

coolstein Peon

Best Answers:
    because more population and some people are not trusty.

coolstein, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  4. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Click fraud is the major cause to all these.

checkblog, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  5. trident

trident Peon

Best Answers:
    So wait, basically what you are saying that an entire country is being held guilty until proven innocent because some of its citizens engage in click fraud? Don't people in America or Europe engage in click fraud? Would western countries ever deny certain opportunities to people of certain ethnicities because they were more "likely" to commit crimes? Would you not call that discrimination?

trident, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  6. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel the main reason might be because sales dont convert much from India, China etc. Both are growing economies and so maybe the scene will change in the future. But to be frank the situation has been always somewhat bad for Indian traffic at least and so in recent websites I am trying to keep the topic of my websites away from India completely. I am trying to not even mention the word India in my recent websites even after being an Indian. But even without targeting India but still I somehow seem to rank higher in google India rather than google US. I dont know if it is just a coincidence that whatever site I create recently have very low CTR (less than 1% mostly) irrespective of the ad placement and rank higher in google India rather than google US even though I hardly even mention India in the websites and hence very low CPC. Sometimes its frustating but Indian webmasters have to live with it I suppose. Anyways I have made considerable improvement in recent times in targeting US traffic and my CPC is gradually increasing though at a very slow pace. In the future I will try to target US traffic in all my upcoming websites. Hopefully it will improve both my CPC and CTR in the future. Amongst Indian traffic too, movie and celebrity traffic pays the least IMO and so I will try my best never to touch any of those two niches again especially Bollywood.

waziuz, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  7. kp_mastermind

kp_mastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    so true. agree. indian audience pay less, 10-20 times lesser.

kp_mastermind, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  8. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Those two countries have over billion people, standard of living is low, so google simply asks for domains older than 6 months in order to get moderatly better publishers, because there is a lot of choice in those countries.
    Many people in those countries (especially india since their level of english is way better) are good publishers and have no problem.
    But just my own experience, I ran a contest on DP and to incitate people to participate I just said I'll pay $1 with paypal for people just to enter the contest, and guess what? I've been scammed, people from india/pakistan registered several times to get $2 or $3, of course I watched ips and such, so I caught some of them who were not using proxies. But you see, I had only people from those countries who were ready to cheat for a mere $1, so imagine adsense, they must be fed up with them! I understand them very well, and honestly if someone doesn't have a six month old sites to give at sign up time, they should get busy with their sites before thinking of signing up with adsense!
    This rule could be extended to the world, it wouldn't hurt adsense at all, on the contrary!

JamesColin, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  9. Jijo

Jijo Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe India and China is the upcoming super powers. Google do believe that Indian/Chinese citizens are more likely to cheat the system hoping at an overnight-million.

Jijo, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  10. sanambk

sanambk Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, but i still waiting.....

sanambk, Nov 6, 2010 IP