1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the REAL Best Way to make "Twitter" Effective ...?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by vilhiem, Jun 21, 2010.

I've read a lot here about Twitter ... but much of it says that ...

IF it is used effectively ... and

IF you have "targetted" followers.

I'm still new to all this ... so I ask ... what is the effective way to use Twitter to increase both viewership and new membership ...?

And what do you mean by "targetted" followers ...?

Thanks in advance!!!

BTW ... I think this is the best site for marketing out there!!!

vilhiem, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  2. alfredthomson

alfredthomson Peon

Best Answers:
    targeted means people who will be interested in what you have to offer the. like you cant sell anything unless you find interested customers... i hope my information is useful...

alfredthomson, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  3. josephwaldman1984

josephwaldman1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok m gonna solve your problem ... well tell me what kind of niche you have ..... ???

josephwaldman1984, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  4. vilhiem

vilhiem Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm developing a "Stocks & Options Tips" site ... where members can share ideas early enough to make some great investments.

We were a Yahoo Group with about 400 members ... switched to vBulletin and now at about 150 and growing.

Here's my site: http://www.chicagodaytraders.com

Any suggestions from the group on how best we could grow would be greatly appreciated!!!

vilhiem, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  5. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alfred is right in his definition of Targeting, its people who will be most interested in your product, and not just random followers. There are a lot of threads on here that recommend a bunch of great ways to improve your Twitter page, just look for them with the search button.

My advice - If you think this is going to just happen overnight or by the end of the week, or even month, than you are in the wrong business. It takes time, effort, and dedication, its a slow process and many people out there just don't have the patience for it.

Brice1088, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  6. vilhiem

vilhiem Peon

Best Answers:
    Appreciate the words of wisdom Brice.

vilhiem, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  7. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter! How can I get followers? I need targeted followers on Twitter.

Here is what I have learned about Twitter. It is right full of marketers and people who are trying to sell something. You need to use Twitter to start following others that are influential in your niche. How you find these people is searching. If you read their blog, then follow them on Twitter. Look to see who they are following and pick a few and follow them. Learn from them. Show them what you know. Your followers will start to grow. Just remember like Brice said, good things come to those who wait...be patient and enjoy the learning curve. Failure is not a destination, its just a stop on your way to success.

gvannorman, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This sort of goes back to my link building methodology. You don't contact folks in your same niche, they are your competitors. You want vertical or complimentary markets or followers. For instance, if you are peddling some sorta make money scheme, you want to target stay at home moms, not other folks selling the same sorta stuff ;) I let some kid from BST get me niche followers. Its frankly a joke. I don't read that crap lol...

Cant fathom how this continues to escape folks but it does.

While I am sure there are some folks that sorted out using twitter effectively out of the gate, its way over used now. Twitter was killer when a good bit of Australia was on fire. Folks could communicate important issues, find relatives etc.

No one cares that you just ate lunch ;)

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  9. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter works like an instant messaging service. So you need to use it that way. Dropping links are not gonna work.

You need to target people you think might be interested in your service, and talk to them directly, like as if you are going DOOR TO DOOR. That's the only way to get attention, and since you targeted them individually they are more likely to be loyal customers/members/visitors.

Otherwise, it's pretty useless to act like as if you can just drive twitter traffic to your site etc. You just can't game twitter that way.

Twitter is full of so much spam and useless info, that people ignore everyone but themselves. Therefore, the only thing you can do is, talk to them directly, so the attention is for themselves.

This is what they mean by targeted audience. Later, when your site is famous, you can simply drop links, and tweet on occasion, because you already have a fan-base, otherwise it's useless.

Tarkan, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  10. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem Vilheim.

Another tactic you will want to practice is responding to your followers instead of just sending them tweets all day. If they say anything about you, write them back showing them your thanks. Retweet some of their stuff if you like it, help them out and many people on Twitter will help you out in return.

Brice1088, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  11. mondex1

mondex1 Peon

Best Answers:
    target market are those people who you think will fit to use your product or service. From my observation, when creating twitter topic, people choose the hottest thread or they use eye catching subjects. Think of something creative and eye catching to your followers so that they will be able to read your tweet and eventually will ask more about your product. Make it interesting :)

mondex1, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  12. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    It need time and patience to succeed over internet but many people have not patience and its have not any affiliate program :)
    Good thought by Brice.

desperateboy, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  13. stephenc

stephenc Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had sad results with twitter. But, I just can't seem to let go.
    The more followers I get, it seems the less effective it is.
    problem is everybody wants to sell something now. And Most
    have to follow to get followers. So, your tweets get buried.
    The best thing is to get on lists. Create some yourself and
    try to get others to put you on theirs. There are some very
    targeted lists. Too many people are touting twitter for IM,
    and it's downgrading the effect. I rarely get more than 1 or
    2 click thrus on tweets with urls, and I have 5,000+ followers.
    Twitter seems to have gotten out of hand in the wrong way.
    I certainly would not post more than twice a day. I unfollowed
    2 clowns this morning for sending 20 tweets in like 5 minutes.
    All IM. I don't know who teaches that. That's how to
    make twitter uneffective.

Stephen C

stephenc, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  14. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am having less followers and more good results in twitter.

kittyluver, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  15. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always thought it is a better tactic to make sure your list is as targeted as possible instead of having the biggest list possible.

Brice1088, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  16. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is about getting targeted followers. At the same time you need "real" followers. This is where you need to have some know how. Because Twitter is right full of crap followers as I like to call them. These are just bots sending out tweet after tweet. These crap followers are a waste of space and you need to weed through them.

So I decided to write a post on this topic. How to Get Real Twitter Followers explains how I do it. It only takes a bit of time and then your tweets are a bit more valuable to you at the same time. Here is my Twitter advice.

Remember if your selling a product on how to lose weight your customers are not other people selling in this niche. Your customers are going to be people who are searching for solutions to their weight problem. If your selling how to make money then you want stay at home parents or teens. Simple.

This is your target audience. Its not your niche, its the lateral niches that read your niche. Simple.

Good luck

gvannorman, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  17. betacom

betacom Peon

Best Answers:
    this what usually I did in twitter

I connect it with my blog, whenever I tweet it will seen by my readers
    And whenever I made post in myblog I'll make tweet with that link
    Put my twitter link in my email footer

betacom, Jun 25, 2010 IP