1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the normal rate for professional writer?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by axlarry, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's probably the best idea!

Analyst, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  2. shashank4u

shashank4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is the theme of your professional project...
    Maybe i can help ,i am student cum blogger cum designer :D : PM me

shashank4u, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  3. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on so many different factors. Our top rate is 2.25 cents for "regular" content.

webmasterlabor.com, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  4. invisible2007

invisible2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on the quality.
    i would pay per article.

but about 15 cents a word

invisible2007, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  5. macG

macG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually charge $15 to $20 per 300 words quality article . If you are interested send me PM.

macG, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  6. Rich P

Rich P Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience hiring writers in recent the past, good writers charge $1-$2 a word or $75 - $200 per hour (some more, but never hired them). Most of them appreciated regular work, so we'd negotiate package deals. That way, they knew money was coming and we knew we'd be able to plan and stay within budget. Be aware: if you get someone who charges just, say, $20 an hour, it doesn't necessarily mean good value as it might take them long to write the piece and the end result might be disappointing. Meanwhile a better writer who charges $100 an hour might nail it in just an hour and you get copy that sells.

Rich P, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  7. F1RM

F1RM Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to hiring writers, you get what you pay for.

A professional writer lets his work do all of the talking. Ask for samples and see if you are satisfied with the quality of his work. Depending on your budget, you need to choose the best price/quality ratio.

Analyze the samples and see if the rates the writer is charging are justified by quality.

You can start with relatively small projects in order to see how the writer performs and if you want to continue your collaboration.

Establishing a solid business relationships takes time, it cannot happen overnight.

And what better way to build up trust than successfully completed projects?

F1RM

F1RM, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  8. kthor

kthor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

problem is , some samples are so good that when the actual article you ordered comes in you get dissapointed .. pay when you get article not before

kthor, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  9. E-Indoclub

E-Indoclub Banned

Best Answers:
    It depends on so many different factors. Our top rate is 2.25 cents for "regular" content.

E-Indoclub, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  10. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say depending on the niche. It simply doesn't make sense to ask essay writer to write about very technical IT niche that not many know or have ever heard. I would say ask the niche pro to write some very technical and detailed stuff and forward to your editor for grammar and sentence structure check.

Of course higher quality copywriters will spend more time on research (they should!)... but still if it's very specific niche you will have problems even with $1/word guys ;)

lkj, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  11. Rich P

Rich P Peon

Best Answers:
    While it's a good idea, the better SEO copywriters keep busy and probably wouldn't donate the time. It's probably a clever route for low to medium skilled writers. You might find a diamond in the rough at a very reasonable rate. :)

Rich P, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  12. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hear ya.

After my brief experience trying to find/hire a graphic web designer, I quit.

I found that they were all very unprofessional, in it for the quick buck, I had one who filled out my online application, no problem, we moved to IMing & the interview, & the minute I gave him our company timesheet & work order, he complained this was too complicated.

Anyone hear of policies & procedures, being organized, being a REAL biz?

Every quality company has them. I'm becoming more anal about that then I was even last year.

The other ones were worse, they blamed me b/c they couldn't fill out the application by reading & following instructions. Ever heard of applying for a job? Some people online think just b/c this is a virtual position, they shouldn't have to do any of that stuff LOL, yeh right.

Then I had an ebook cover guy complain b/c I told him I don't pay via PP, I'd pay him via Alert Pay or Bill Payment.

This was toooo difficult for him to sign up for AP. The world was coming to an end & god forbid he should have 2 ways a client could pay him so they'd think he's professional & cares.

He said he'd get back to me, I gave him all the specs, & I never heard from him again.

I was lucky, others paid him upfront & got nothing.

I was shocked, I thought DP was a very biz oriented board. I didn't know there were so many fly by nights on here.

After all my ranting, I'm seeking a writer & a jr. editor.

Sorry, I'll answer your question now LOL

I can only tell you what I have paid.

Most writers will charge you around $20/hr., some can go upwards of $60-80/hr. I tend to pay less than $20/hr. b/c of my budget, & I can offer a lot of work if they are any good.

Another way they charge is via word, so if it takes them 10 hrs. to come up w/ one word, you only pay for that one word.

Like an article's only good w/ one word LOL

Finding quality writers & editors online is very very hard, not just on DP.

Their ego & insecurity usually has me running & everyone & their brother & sister thinks they are a writer. So far out of everyone I ever hired, only one writer stood out & she disappeared after 2 ezines went out.

In fact it's such an issue that I've been wanting to start my own board just for writers, but until I find a VBulletin guy, there's no point in starting it.

Let me know how you make out :)

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  13. F1RM

F1RM Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I consider that paying per word is the best approach when it comes to writers.

From my own experience I know that people need quality articles, and they need them fast. As a writer, I have chosen to provide a 10% discount for every day after the deadline should I ever not be able to keep my commitments.

For example, let's say someone orders 200 articles. The rate I charge is 1.25$/100 words with a 10% discount (for orders of under 25 articles, the rate is 1.5$/word and the 10% discount applies for orders of over 100 articles).

The delivery time is 4-7 days for every 100 articles. In other words, the 200 articles will be completed in 8-14 days.

If I were to miss the deadline and delay things for 10 days or more, then that person would get the 200 articles for free.

That way, a client is certain that the articles will either be delivered on time, or will come at a far cheaper price (even at no charge).

F1RM

F1RM, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  14. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience on the board in terms of professionalism. It seems inexperience and immaturity are present everywhere.

That being said, there are a few writers around who aren't egotistical maniacs who actually act professionally. Some of us even have a bit of business sense and a decent sense of business decorum. And a few of us know enough about business to have degrees in the subject and our very own corporations. :D

I haven't looked around to see if you're advertising for the writer/editor elsewhere, but if you're having trouble finding someone, feel free to send a PM or email (info (at) internetauthor.net)

Rebecca

internetauthor, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  15. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Rebecca,

Thanks, I PMed you back & PMed Firm.

I'm also seeking someone who can do fairly good Webcopy with easy SEO for a whole bunch of domains I have, some mainstream, some adult.

Have a great Sunday!

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  16. anthonyn

anthonyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A write can be paid on hourly basis or it can be in the form of an assignment contract. For example:A writer can be paid $5 for a 500 word article content. He can also demand more based on the topic of the article.

anthonyn, Aug 3, 2007 IP