1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the most adequate database technology for Google Sheets?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Adrian Zlotea, Jul 11, 2016.

Hello everybody!
    Adrian from Romania.
    Thanks for reading this.

We use Google Sheets to keep track and interact with our customers. In order to find previous interactions with our clients we need to set up a database for reliable data storage.

I know Google Sheets it’s in itself a great way to store data, but we add 200+ leads every day, and search (via standard and advance sheet search) is getting slow. In addition we need the data displayed in a sidebar with previous interactions so i think a database is compulsory.

So what database technology should i use?
    Or maybe there is another Google service that would be more adequate?!
    I appreciate any suggestion, this project is kind of important for our company.

*Already built a mysql and php program but it is very very slow, don’t know if the programing language doesn’t click with gsheets or the code it’s just bad, but i am not satisfied with the result.

For the curious ones here is a link for the current worksheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ICNqOYKcxF48SD0rDrDY-Zp-zo-l_6ZTbHJAHZOBnBg/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Adrian Zlotea, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What you need is stop trying to reinvent the wheel, and get a proper CRM (Customer Relations Management). There are plenty of ready-made solutions out there, ranging from super-cheap, rather simple solutions, to multiuser, multiclient solutions spanning multiple locations and 100s of users and hundreds of thousands of clients/leads/customers/potentials. Most of these solutions will cost a little bit, but it's usually a small cost in overall, and it will be both faster and better than coding something yourself.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  3. Adrian Zlotea

Adrian Zlotea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello PoPCiCLe, thank you for the prompt reply. I did experiment with a lot of CRM systems, unfortunately none of them (the cheap ones) match the speed of google sheets. In addition, when i will migrate to a full CRM solution i will need fast PBX connection. Salesforce is the 1'st option but we are not ready yet, we will use gsheets as our requirements get refined.
    Anyway, thanks again!

Adrian Zlotea, Jul 11, 2016 IP