1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is The Hardest Part About Article Writing for You Guys?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by askbryanmiller, Jun 13, 2007.

1. teddyruxpin2000

teddyruxpin2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking to outsource your rewrites, I can offer the services of my new article rewriting service--SpunWrite.com.

Human-written spun versions of articles, completed in only hours. Less than 1.5 cents per word.

Thanks for checking us out.

Paul

teddyruxpin2000, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  2. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that the algorithms that check for uniqueness won't care if the paragraphs are reordered, it will still register as duplicate content. Also, people who are asking for 'unique' won't like it either.

I've only done a couple of rewrites. They aren't fun. What I decided to do was make a second copy of the article, strip out everything but the facts and a couple of words that indicated point of view, and then look at that as a really fast bit of research and write from those notes.

I have trouble getting started, and since I do some travel experience type writing, I am sometimes totally bereft of ideas. But my biggest problem is that I am never, ever satisfied, and would rewrite forever. At some point the article isn't getting any better, it's just changing, and I need to stop way, way before that.

stilloutthere, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  3. pstone

pstone Peon

Best Answers:
    I've said it before and I will say it now. There's nothing better than writing it yourself. If you claim that you are a professional writer you'd better write the articles yourself. Don't count on any software or tool to do the job that you are supposed to do.

pstone, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  4. SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My problem is when I read it after I write it. I will find mistakes every where. Not grammar or spelling. I am pretty good at that. The idea of the article and the way it is presented. Every time I go through a sentence I feel, I could do it better, if I write it in a different way. After that revision I read again and feel I could do it better again. The cycle continues and it is really hard for me to keep my attention through that revision process.

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  5. SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal

Best Answers:
    Is that a voice to text translator?
    Does it do a good job. I tried one of those(can't remember the brand name) like 6 years back and quality was not good at all. May be its much better now.

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  6. xohaib

xohaib Peon

Best Answers:
    For me the hardest part is research... Better the research, easier it is to write....

xohaib, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  7. cashcow

cashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is, in fact I'm using it to make this reply right now! From what I've heard, they are much better than it used to be but it still makes a few mistakes. You really need to keep an eye on it and go back over what you've told it to say because sometimes the words it comes out with are really strange.

The more you use it, though, they better it gets at recognizing your voice patterns and it's easier to use. (In fact, the whole time I was writing this the only word it got wrong was patterns which it thought was patents)!

cashcow, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  8. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rewriting is simple enough. If you're having a lot of trouble with it, that tells me that you're not reading enough.

For instance, let's say that you're a travel writer, you should be reading travel articles from major publications every single day. Make it your goal to read two per day. Next, pick up a book that showcases the best travel writing of the year (or years gone by) and start working through it.

I saw many would-be journalists in college who had trouble with the blank page and who struggled with rewriting. They all had the same issues. They didn't read much and certainly not enough. The couple that did fairly well all had one thing in common, they read a ton in their field.

It's not just a catchy phrase. Solid writers are solid readers.

Having trouble researching? Take a class at your local college for starters.

marketjunction, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  9. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's great that you are able to edit and revise your own writing. A lot of writers have a tough time finding errors in their writing, it's great that you can critique yourself. Make sure you're not being too harsh. :)

latoya, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  10. SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal

Best Answers:
    It could be lack of creativity in rewriting. When you write your own stuff, there is that creative part of it keep you going. The satisfaction involved in it is priceless compared to the money you earn by rewriting something.

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  11. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    You nailed it man!!!

shuttle, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  12. www.copywriting911.com

www.copywriting911.com Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally I don't see much difference in rewriting an article and writing a new one. To produce something fresh content you always have to do more research even if the basic article is good unless you equal rewriting to changing grammatical structures; and on the other hand it is very likely that you'll be using someone else's ideas or stating some generally known facts in YOUR OWN copy.

Moreover, trying to stick to the original can even hamper the process sometimes (at least it is this way with me): you have fit your 2 cents into the author's fluent speech and still make the resulting text coherent.

So the conclusion is this: follow your own style and always study the topic beforehand.

Good luck!

www.copywriting911.com, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  13. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    It won't be hard for you to start writing if you make an initial research on the topic that you are writing. Search in other blogs and article directories to get your imagination flowing.

shuttle, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  14. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great thread Bryan.

I'm a writer, but not of articles, rather educational books, & I guess it is hard to write those short blurbs.

I never called myself a writer b4 b/c I'm really an entrepreneur, but after 2 books & 3-4 in transition, I have to finally fess up that I am one.

I'm coming in on the conversation here as a biz owner always looking for talented team members for the following (& I'm very picky LOL):

1. Ezine Issues - consists of about 3 articles from scratch or rewrites (or taking a topic from an article & running w/ this) & picking an index card & short blurb already written.

In fact my ezine hasn't gone out in months b/c I haven't been able to fill this position.

I was going to take those articles & blog them, but no writer, no blog yet.

So my question to to you is, why is blog writing different than an ezine article, other than my ezine issues are more than one article?

2. Domain/SEO Writer w/ affiliate links implanted.

3. Jr. Editor - for the above - I have yet to find an editor who can give me a clean file w/ nothing for me to touch. They make mistakes in not just flow, but grammar too. I'm constantly editing their work & I hate it. Why should I pay to do their work for them?

I don't believe in writers editing & editors writing & most people in this line of work don't seem to know that. Go ask any professional editor who edits the Best Sellers how many books they have written. Maybe a few, but I thought I read somewhere not many.

4. Sr. Editor - for my books.

Thanks for the interesting conversation & allowing me to learn :)

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  15. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Hi Paul,

So you don't do articles from scratch?

I'm new to this "rewriting thing". So you actually rewrite an article I have online already with fresh new content, or just reword the article so the content is the same?

For me each article should have fresh new content.

I can see this being beneficial for other people's articles I find online, but not my own, right?

In fact I will be starting a membership site soon that will require me to produce an article or factoid every X days. I haven't figured out how much content I should expect to give to them in a 30 day period.

Any suggestions? It's my niche market.

Thanks

Michelle

16. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    What about those headline software programs? Are they any good, or just BS?

Michelle

17. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    You like to learn.

:)

Michelle

18. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    What is PLR??? LOL

19. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    I was wondering that myself.

Why wouldn't you just write from scratch?

Michelle

20. exoticpublishing

Best Answers:
    Hmm, interesting.

My issue would be, information overload.

Like right now I'm studying from a biz course I'm taking, & he gave us sooo much homework, I know I won't process it as much.

Do they really teach you how to research online at college?

It's hard to find a good researcher too.

This one I just hired was supposed to look for biz consultants who help businesses get investors, licencing, etc.

I ended up getting 3 URLs on companies who help companies or people with investments :)

Michelle