1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the good security service for wordpress blog? [Cloudflare pro, Sitelock, Wordfence]

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by TSG, Mar 10, 2013.

Hello!
    I use shared Wordpress hosting. I'm going to use a security service for my Wordpress blog. These are the service that I wish to use Clodflare, Sitelock and Wordfence. These services have different features. I have no idea to use all of these services. Only one service I'm going to purchase.

Sitelock only scan limited number of pages, but wordfence scan all the pages just few $. I saw that my cPanel, wordfence free version generates huge PHP Warning. But cloudflare rather different service. I don't like to slow down my site. So what is the good security service for the personal Wordpress blog?

Thanks!

TSG, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  2. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you experienced some issues with this in the past. First things first, I suggest taking a look at this article: http://kb.site5.com/security/wordpress-security/

The main reason why I see wordpress sites become malware infected is due to out dated installations. Hackers are very computer literate, they know to read the change logs when new versions and security releases are pushed out. When they do this, they can easily use what ever flaw was just patched to attack out dated installations.

Also, cloudflare is a CDN service, and you do receive "some" protection with their free service. However, keep in mind, you get what you pay for. I suggest moving your site to use Cloudflare's DNS or if your hosting provider has a Cloudflare option in cpanel, use that as it requires no nameserver changes on your part.

JoshDylan, Mar 11, 2013 IP