1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the disadvantage in windows 7?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by coolstein, Feb 17, 2010.

1. killaklown

killaklown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First -> Unless your computer is 10 years old, you should have more then enough ram to run windows 7.
    Second -> Compatibility mode lets you run any program.

If you dont have it, dont talk it.

killaklown, Apr 14, 2010 IP
  2. farooqaaa

farooqaaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice. I agree with you.

farooqaaa, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  3. pannelli

pannelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the big problems with window stem from it being closed sourse and the need to keep it compatible with old versions of windows that were badly designed and not meant to be networked(resulting in a lack of security).

pannelli, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  4. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    I heard about window 7 but I still comfortable using windows XP.

Excel 8, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  5. Vexez

Vexez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been sharing the benefits of Windows 7.. Why not the other way.. Let's talk about the disadvantage of Windows XP.

I've stopped Windows XP for quite some time but still require to use XP at work.
    I used to use Vista at awhile ago before Windows 7 release and all it does is it provide beautiful interfaces but doesn't run smoothly all time.
    After upgrading to Windows 7, it's like a release. Finally something perfect has arrived.
    My point is Vista sux big time compared to 7. To rank them.. Win7>XP>Vista in terms of performance.

XP... has been such an OLD OS for a decade. It's truly one of the best OS in the past, yes focus on "in the past".
    XP has it's limitations to catch up with todays hardware, that's why there is a need to develop new OS.
    IMO, XP starts to SUX big time to me in the past 1-2 years.
    If you've gone through the Windows 98 times, XP today is like the 98 then.
    Exactly same issue and same scenario.
    People using 98 was afraid to upgrade to XP because of RAM, back then RAM was expensive even 256/512mb cost a bomb.
    We all know 98 is very manual, XP tends to automate more OS stuffs for us and slowly when it upgrades it improves.
    Today the same thing happened. XP is OLD and MANUAL, Windows 7 is new to catch up to todays technology.
    But many fear the exact same thing, RAM. Honestly, RAM is NOT an issue for Windows 7.
    Myself is running 4GB so I cannot guarantee but there are people mentioning 1GB runs 7 better than XP.
    I'm saying XP is manual mainly because of it's drivers support. It used to automatically find drivers like 5-10yrs ago.
    But new hardwares today and new drivers release. XP is like a handicap OS doing nothing.
    So end up you're finding most of your drivers yourself, RIGHT?

And one main thing that I hate about XP is not only the manual part, is it starts to get slower over time.
    I can tell you one obvious fact that happen to most people, even to IT degree person like me.
    People using XP tends to FORMAT and REINSTALL OS almost every 1-2yrs, whatever more than 2yrs they will be complaining.
    Even with all those computer maintenance software, regcleaner, antivirus, Windows XP gets buggy over time.

I've been using Windows 7 for around a year since beta release candidate.
    During installation, it was fast and easy. Drivers was all automated except specific GFX cards where you cant avoid to get NVidia/ATI drivers.
    All softwares and hardwares are well supported, STOP whining about incompatibility.
    It's either you never tried or you don't know how.
    My laptop is on 24/7 on Windows 7 and I don't feel ANY slow or buggyness all time.
    I never had the feeling that, "Oh crap it's getting slow, it's TIME to reformat" like I was using XP years back.
    That's a common quote used by many people using XP, admit you're one of them too.

I'm not a Microsoft sales person trying to sell Windows 7 here. I'm just a user.
    I just thought that you people should learn to improve and catch up with todays technology.
    And its bad to see those people who are afraid of upgrading and improving themselves trying to give negative comments so they can find or get people into their companions of being negative.

Please wake up. Technology improves too fast than you can imagine.
    Stop hugging to OLD technology, improve yourself.
    I can foresee, in few years time. Windows 7 will dominate the OS and replace XP and result in Microsoft starts to slowly stop upgrading or maintaining XP.

Vexez, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  6. Technocrate

Technocrate Peon

Best Answers:
    Windows 7 is really a better OS than XP and Vista. The only disadvantage I can see some software are not compatible, but for an average user they should have no problems.

Technocrate, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  7. Shaun Dsouza

Shaun Dsouza Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I also want to know what is the disadvantage in windows 7? If anyone know please share share more.

Shaun Dsouza, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  8. whitespparow

whitespparow Peon

Best Answers:
    Windows 7 is cool but Google Toolbar is not working with Firefox.

whitespparow, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  9. app789

app789 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is only one problem in window vista only RAM problem but it's memory management is so good and all features are also good.

app789, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  10. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The very disadvantage of this window 7 is that it is still windows.
    And no mater how hard they try this OS is still vulnerable for viruses.

etc, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  11. frontier2002

frontier2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see any disadvantage on windows 7. I am using windows 7 ultimate 32-bit and it works perfectly better than windows XP. The system is far much stable then XP with less error and capable of running on average speed machine. Vista is far much heavier compare to the Win 7. Apart from that my internet speed increase significantly compare to the previous win XP.

frontier2002, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  12. christ88

christ88 Guest

Best Answers:
    Windows 7 is not quite compatible with other software or programs.

christ88, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  13. paulpadurariu

paulpadurariu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really love Windows 7. It`s way better than Vista.

paulpadurariu, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  14. dark143i

dark143i Member

Best Answers:
    Softwares dont work .

dark143i, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  15. Conama

Conama Guest

Best Answers:
    I can only point out 1 'disadvantage' of Windows 7...it's hard to get used to new OS! We're just too used to using Windows XP.

Windows 7 is a new product and it's time to move on. Sooner you realize it, the better it is. (urgghh...I swear I've wanted to install Windows 7 for 3 months now but I'm so damn lazy to back up my files :()

Conama, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  16. affordableweb

affordableweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the main disadvantage of windows 7 is the company microsoft and their business practices to stifle competition and innovation while supporting crap like DRM and proprietary garbage code

affordableweb, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  17. Vontage

Vontage Peon

Best Answers:
    disadvantages ? Compared to what ?

Vista ? I don't think any, except for the architecture which changes a little.
    XP ? Memory management. That's pretty much it.
    Mac & other UNIX ? Maybe a little less "visible" control over processes.

Wow, what a disadvantage ! Seriously, what did you expect ?

Better than the Ubuntu hypocrits, making big money over they're so called "free" software.

Vontage, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  18. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    The main disadvantage of Windows 7 is that its not compitable.

clbyodo, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  19. brudawson

brudawson Member

Best Answers:
    Their is few disadvantages of windows 7
    It uses more RAM that's the reason of slow process. One of the biggest is its compatibility for software. The system requirements for XP is much less compare for Windows 7.Full re-image of all PC’s
    Runs great on…expensive, high end hardware. XP is nearly 9 years old OS which have been on it mature stage already compare to Windows 7 which is just a couple of months old only.

brudawson, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  20. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only disadvantage i found that! it requires at least 128MB Graphic Acceleration Card with the combination of 1GB Physical Memory (RAM)

jezzz, May 6, 2010 IP