1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the disadvantage in windows 7?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by coolstein, Feb 17, 2010.

what is the disadvantage in windows 7? because all are saying that windows xp is better than windows 7 what is the reason?

coolstein, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  2. TimF.

TimF. Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its just trying to get used to it. I know a lot of the classic view setting are gone and you just have to get used to the new format. Seems pretty secure and faster than Vista.

TimF., Feb 17, 2010 IP
  3. kotakmanoj

kotakmanoj Peon

Best Answers:
    It uses more RAM and if you are on 1 GB then it will eat up your full RAM and then your system becomes tooo slow.

Advice: Stay away!! :rolleyes:

kotakmanoj, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  4. elektra

elektra Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still using Windows XP. But I admit that Vista's graphics looks great.
    How about Windows 7? What are the major differences between the 3?

elektra, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  5. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Probably because the system requirements for XP is much less compare for Windows 7.

Beside, XP is nearly 9 years old OS which have been on it mature stage already compare to Windows 7 which is just a couple of months old only.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  6. Pristuno

Pristuno Peon

Best Answers:
    Loading of offline page is very slow
    close button doesnot appear on all multiple tab.
    Force to enter entire full URL or domain not found message
    ext

Pristuno, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  7. robertokuykendall

robertokuykendall Guest

Best Answers:
    windows 7 utilizing more RAM memory remaining features or ok for me

robertokuykendall, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  8. JX611

JX611 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also wan to get the answer.

JX611, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  9. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the biggest is its compatibility for software. I have found that many software are not working well with Win 7...Better to stay with XP untill all the software are compatible with Win 7

expertofexperts, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  10. Mentalhead

Mentalhead Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using W7 for a month now and I haven't had any problems.
    I have 2 GB's of ram and it works smooth as it can be. No problems with windowed gaming and photoshop minimized at the same time.
    As for the compatibility issues with software, only think that didn't work on w7 64 bit was some old CPU downgrading process. I'm guessing that it requested some unique dll for 32 bit OS or something. Even when I found the dll it would work.
    Besides that, everything works great.

Mentalhead, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  11. rootpanama

rootpanama Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm very happy with windows 7 ultimate for now. It's fast and stable so far but I have only use it for 2 months.

rootpanama, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  12. Vexez

Vexez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to put some faith in the new versions of Microsoft Windows instead of hugging to the close to 10yrs Windows XP.
    In all ways, Microsoft will definitely make Windows 7 works better than Windows XP because this is their latest OS they are marketing.
    It is a good product to cover off their Vista which has lots of flaws.

Windows 7 uses much memory compared to XP but please, memories are cheap now.
    If you are still running <1GB of RAM, please upgrade.
    2GB of RAM is sufficient to run Windows 7 efficiently.

Some facts about these Windows.
    Windows are all about utilizing your hardware, yes Win7 does use more RAM but this is because RAM are easily attained to 3-6GB nowadays.
    WinXP is an old OS that does not run many hidden applications Win7 does, these applications and interfaces is meant to utilize the Hardware better and provide more optimized performance on the OS itself.
    Using an up-to-date computer with good hardwares are not releasing their full capabilities using WinXP.
    A simple logic which you should easily find out is WinXP being an old OS does not utilize multi-core processors much.
    Vista does utilize multi-core processors more than XP but Vista does not seems to optimize memory that well.
    Win7 which is a much better product compare to Vista runs much better utilizing the most recent hardware you see around.

For the current hardware market with such high end computers, if you are using a Quad Core processors with >4GB ram, which is easily attained, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit is the best choice.

Vexez, Feb 24, 2010 IP
    farooqaaa likes this.
  13. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my understanding (and trials) W7 doesn't run well with systems under 1gb ram, best push towards 2gb, and XP->W7 doesn't have a perfect flow. ;)

manofwar, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  14. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Biggest disadvantage i found in Windows 7 is loss of appropriate drivers of your hard ware devices

jezzz, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  15. JMel

JMel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the main reason people have been recommending XP over 7 is that XP has had many years to be refined for ease-of-use and is very secure, not to mention the resources required to run it are far less than 7 and can pretty much be run universally on almost any machine. Windows 7 has much higher hardware requirements (especially the 64-bit version), so only more modern systems can run it comfortably. However, keep in mind that WinXP is in extended support and is far outdated compared to 7, XP will not be updated to support new hardware interfaces and software capabilities in the following years as far as I know.

Bottom line: Win7 is superior in every area when compared against XP, it just has higher hardware requirements to run it.

JMel, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  16. plumtree

plumtree Guest

Best Answers:
    I just am getting used to vista, why did MS need to bring in another OS

plumtree, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  17. Vexez

Vexez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Vista is kinda bad. Windows 7 somehow is meant to replace their "not very good" product Vista.

If you have a relatively new and up-to-date computer with decent RAM and Processor - Windows 7

If you are still using your more than 3 yrs old computer with <2GB RAM - continue hugging your XP and probably end up changing in 1-2 yrs.

Vexez, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  18. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    I dont feel that windows 7 is user friendly, more over it occupies more memory.

joelchrist, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  19. Vexez

Vexez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's common to see many people hugging onto Windows XP.
    After all it went through many years and get to such a stable state.

But move on, Windows 7 is made to keep things up-to-date.
    Hardware are improving so fast, software are barely catching up.
    Core i9 processors are coming soon, and software/applications are barely using dual/quad cores.

Think back when people are hugging onto Windows 98 and dare not change to Windows XP.
    It's a similar situation and the complain was also XP is taking up too much resources.
    Back then memory was expensive and only 256/512 MB RAM.
    Now memories are flying cheap at 2GB 4GB 8GB.
    A decent 2-4GB of RAM with a duo/quad core processor would run Windows 7 without any problem.

Please don't complain about occupying more memory if you haven't try it yet.
    Because people who have been saying Windows 7 occupies more memory are people who dare not try it or did not have the chance to try it or their computer are just too slow for Windows 7. Same goes to those who mention hardware driver supports were bad. It's either you don't know how to use it or I shouldn't be too offensive. From my personal experience, my Windows 7 Ultimate settled all the hardware drivers by itself once I get the internet connection setup, except graphic card which you need specific ATI/NVIDIA drivers. As compared to XP you need to manually find every single drivers yourself. And with 4GB RAM, Core 2 Duo, I did not feel any sense of slowness in my Windows 7.

Vexez, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  20. mlastimoso14

mlastimoso14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not tried windows 7 yet but I noticed that I loads the software slowly as I saw this on my brother-in-laws laptop.

mlastimoso14, Feb 26, 2010 IP