1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the difference from jdoqocy.com and tkqlhce.com

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Micromag, Feb 17, 2006.

So CJ has these multiple link domains and my question is: Has all these domains identical function?

can I substitute by my self a link provided by CJ:

www.jdoqocy.com/click-4535345-12233434

by another of these CJ domains (holding the numbers)?:

www.tkqlhce.com/click-4535345-12233434

or each of these domains has a specifc function and/or restricton?

Micromag, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No difference, they are simply random dominas that CJ uses. They all end up at the same tracking servers.

fsmedia, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  3. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks! !

micromag

Micromag, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  4. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would definately check with CJ on that. Yes they are random domains - but certain domains are used for certain merchants. It may work fine - I would just double ck with them and also test the link to be aon the safe side.

Not to disagree with fsmedia, but just to be on the safe side. I'm pretty sure that CJ like any other network says - DO NOT change the link in any way or it may not track or you may not get paid.

5starAffiliates, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  5. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I used to work for CJ, so I used to help monitor the servers and I know how the whole network actually functions. there is no difference.

fsmedia, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  6. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Wow, you did? Cool to know. Sometimes affiliates like to try to change things that I'm afraid could affect tracking so I always try to get them to ck with CJ 1st. Good to know we have an X CJer on the board!

5starAffiliates, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  7. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I hadn't really made it public that I worked for CJ, but I guess I've waiting long enough to make the announcement. The random domains are there more or less just to stay away from adblocks and/or used for different tracking. They all end up at the same place though.

fsmedia, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  8. philnet

philnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a followup to this thread, I was told that there was no difference in using the andoezrs domain or the qksrv domain in my flexible destination links (which I build manually in code).
    I therefore went ahead and used the andoezrs domain in all my affiliate links (for eBay.com and ebay.co.uk). I found that any links that were followed to the UK eBay were not being tracked but the US eBay ones were.
    As a test I changed the UK eBay links to use the qksrv url and suddenly it all started working - made me a bit cross thinking about the comission I had missed.
    My advice would be to check with the flexible destination tool on each ebay site, and use the domain that the tool uses.
    Phil

philnet, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  9. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    THe qksrv URL is blocked and ads and text links get TOTALLY stripped out of pages by Norton and some other ad blockers, thats why CJ switched to a bunch of other random domains to avoid the ad blocking.

You aren't supposed to publicly post those domains either because it just helps ad blockers find them and block them too.

Here are pics of what Norton did to the old qksrv domain. Not sure if it's blocking any of the new ones. http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/norton-blocks-revenue.html

5starAffiliates, Mar 15, 2006 IP
    Micromag likes this.
  10. seo2k6

seo2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

Can you guys let me know if these tracking servers are available in CJ for all the affiliates or these are only avilable for only ppc affiliates like who all wants to bid keywords using ppc and the landing page of official site using these tracking servers.. will appreciate if you guys can clear this doubt of a newb like me..

Thanks,
    jain

seo2k6, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  11. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    The domains are rotated in to all affiliates, not just search affiliates. All domains are the same as mentioned above, other than adblock software blocking certain domains but not other. All CJ domains are really just aliases for the track.cj.akadns.net domain:

www.qksrv.net. IN CNAME track.cj.akadns.net.

tvmatt, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  12. Willprospector

Willprospector Peon

Best Answers:
    I happen to be a CJ affiliate and am advertising their MAC Affiliate website advertisements and these domains are useless because
    they do not resolve into anything. They come up in Yahoo explorer as a lost domain and I copied them right after I was sent an
    update to tru to sell before the end of the year. Now I feel I should take thehem out of my webpages for fear of pcustomers clicking
    and thinking my whole site is faulty due to these trash links.

Willprospector, Dec 23, 2010 IP