1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the difference between (C), (R), & (TM)?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by giorgioarmani, Apr 7, 2008.

What exactly is the difference between

(C) copyright
    (R) registered
    (TM) trade mark

I understand more or less but am somewhat confused. If I would want to protect a logo would I register it? trade mark it?

giorgioarmani, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    (C) copyright
    You have written the content and are claiming a copyright to the work. Anything published or not.

(R) registered
    A trademark that has been registered with the proper trademark office for your state or federal agency.

(TM) trade mark
    You are claiming a trademark on the name or phrase based on first use. In simple terms, it is the "common law" version of a trademark. Registered is better but this one is enforcable in a court of law. The burden of proof rest with you. Most people start here and upgrade if it is worth the expense to register.

Colbyt, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  3. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed... Trademark is the way to go ;)

godsofchaos, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  4. samazgor

samazgor Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I must thank you for the details :)

samazgor, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  5. majamkd

majamkd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .The copyright bug © can be used with any copyrighted material, registered or not. Unlike trademarks, copyrights exist as soon as something is created, so you can use this symbol freely for anything you create that is covered by copyright (books, songs, music, images, etc.).

The registered trademark ® is used to indicate that your trademark is registered with the government, which gives you a wider range of statutory remedies in case of infringement

You can put ™ on anything; it simply means that you consider it to be a trademark for your product or service.

majamkd, Jul 19, 2015 IP