1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Difference Between Autumn and Fall

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zirkon Kalti, Nov 13, 2016.

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between autumn and fall? I also would like to know when winter start? What is spring like? Is it cool like autumn or hot like summer?

Zirkon Kalti, Nov 13, 2016 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you live in a windowless room that's locked from the outside?

malky66, Nov 13, 2016 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Autumn is the name of my nephew's wife. Fall is what happened to my son when he slipped on the steps. Hope this helps.

jrbiz, Nov 13, 2016 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I met a few Kenyans that didn't know what winter was like or what snow was.

In Ecuador June to September is considered to be winter. Spring, summer, fall are bundled together into a wet season. I think they even call it "wet season".

Here in central FL we do not have snow even in the coldest winter season.

Needless to say it was a legit question and you guys are acting like total buffoons. @malky66 did your wife slap you around again today that you're acting all pissed off venting your frustration? You need to show your real face on DP so that people would know what real idiots in the UK look like that keep posting sh*t here. You are is what wrong with DP.

qwikad.com, Nov 13, 2016 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The question I have is what part of the world are you from? You guys don't have distinct seasons?

qwikad.com, Nov 13, 2016 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    OP where I am from (France) it might snow overnight, but by noon it usually is all melted away. Sometimes the snow would stay but never for very long. Where I live now (Canada) it snows by November and stays until early April.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Nov 13, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's the same thing, but Americans changed a whole heap of names for things and there's probably an interesting history lesson somewhere in the archives about why they took offence to the word Autumn. Only time we use the word fall in NZ is to remind ourselves which way to change the clocks for daylight saving (you spring forward but fall backwards).

I can appreciate that in Malaysia it probably seems odd to have trees that shed their leaves etc. I'm in Auckland with a more temperate climate and our native trees don't shed their leaves but the exotics do. It gets cold here in Winter, some mornings it's down to 0 degrees but I can imagine a Canadian chortling at the idea that 0 is cold.

Equally, you have rainy seasons etc. We took the kids up the Petronas Towers we were treated to an amazing electrical storm followed by rain like we couldn't believe. They'd been promised a play in the park below but that was out of the question. Such a contrast to the weather earlier that day - and later on too. Takes a bit to get used to.

sarahk, Nov 13, 2016 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The difference between AUTUMN and FALL is two letters.

Winter starts when fall ends.

Spring is the reverse of fall.

Temperature can be anything at any time. For example, a few years ago it was over 80 degrees in Fairbanks, Alaska and Edmonton, Alberta in JANUARY, the COLDEST month of the year when those places should NEVER get above 32 degrees in January.

mmerlinn, Nov 13, 2016 IP
  9. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I stayed before in a windowless room at the hotel. The room is stuffy and no good for the lung when the air cond is turned off. When I wake up, I couldn't tell if it is morning because there is no window.

Zirkon Kalti, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  10. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    I think the word fall is used more in America, and the British use the word autumn, right?
    I'm not sure about other English speaking nations.

GjB, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree that "Fall" is used more in the U.S., in my experience. But no one would have any trouble understanding "Autumn."

jrbiz, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  12. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers. That's good to know.

GjB, Nov 20, 2016 IP