1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to write a pitch page?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by wounded1987, Feb 13, 2007.

Hi there, i bought this domain: weightloss-successstory dot com

i wana promote a weight loss eBook, curentley this page is on re-direct,
    i want to write a pitch page, not so long - about my success of the eBook, the problem is i need to make a lot of thing, 1.how do i place the "pay" link ?
    i mean how does it goes?
    2. i dont wana place people testemoines cause im the testemony who "tried" it....should i still place them on my page?
    3.some suggestions would be good....still on early stages

wounded1987, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  2. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm - from your description, it's hard to tell whether you are writing a landing page for another product, or a pitch page for a product you yourself are selling. Can you clarify?

-T

Telmari, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Rule #1:

Before you post here read the Clickbank FAQ. That will answer a couple of your questions right off the bat.

dlm, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  4. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok. i make a landing page but i dont want to re-direct to publishers site. i want only to include the pay button that will lead to CB, i know that it could be against publishrs policy but i think my sale page would be so good that i could come to 3-4 publishers of same product] and ask them. what do i need to do to make it better?, i have decided to go in this way of promoting it http://mhu27900.1111mb.com/

thanks. Rob

wounded1987, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  5. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend redirecting to the publisher's site. Some publishers may not let you bypass their page, even if you ask them, and if they really don't like you, they can get Clickbank to cancel your account. (Check here for the official Clickbank hoplink FAQ).

I think the fact that you're unsure how to craft the page & its elements may undermine the idea that you believe you will be able to make a better one. I would generally feel that the publisher, who's gone to all the effort to make the product, do substantial market research (hopefully!) to launch, brand, and promote the product's features would be best able to sell it.

And after all, if the person wants it so badly that they're willing to click on your link to get it, the chances are slim that the publisher's page telling them all the benefits and advantages of it will turn them away.

Just my 2 cents.

-T

Telmari, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  6. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm, well you're not getting it right here, all you have to do is NOT sell the product but to convince a user that it's right and he should click on the affiliate link.

The sales page will do the rest, just make sure it's a good one. I mean you're trying to hard here! You just need to tell a story and force them to click on the link. That's it.

I am not sure if a vendor will allow you to bypass his page. But some do allow, just ask. I am sure they will help you out.

dog_24, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  7. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    ok,, the reasson why i dont want re-direct is cause i wana SEO my page and with re-direct it cant be done

wounded1987, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  8. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? You can SEO your lander very well so that you get good SERPS with it, and then just send your traffic that clicks on the product links on the lander to the merchant page.

-T

Telmari, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  9. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    i mean a re-direct....re-direct means no content, just A simple html that when u click on URL X it is re-directing to URL Y withen a sec. u just write 2 line html code with the re-direct script....that cant be SEO cause there is no content...

10. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:

Right... hmm, I think there's a miscommunication here somewhere. When I say "redirect", I don't mean an actual PHP/CGI redirect, I mean just the place you send the visitor when they click on a link.

I'm talking about doing this:

Adwords -> Your SEO'd landing page -> [User clicks "more info" etc link] -> Merchant Pitch page -> [User clicks "buy" etc link] -> Merchant Checkout page

I think this offers the best chance of success, rather than this

Adwords -> Your SEO'd landing page -> [User clicks "buy" etc link]-> Merchant Checkout page.

which is questionable as to its value.

-T

Telmari, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  11. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    yeah you right check out my page tell me if you like it[ only 50% done]
    http://mhu27900.1111mb.com/
    also i may put in the comment sections a real coments[from me, fake] so people belive it, instead of testemonials.....
    the domain will be: http://weightloss-successstory.com/

it is on the DNS transfer already.
    the topics section will have bunch of links like a link directory, ofcurse they will link back....but usufull one of page rank 4+

12. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok while I'm certainly no expert in this area I don't think you are understanding what people are trying to explain to you. I would suggest you re read these posts very carefully.

Also, the grammar and spelling might discourage some people from reading your site so you may want to consider having someone look over it if your english writing skills aren't the greatest.

Also why are you trying to sell the product? Pre-sell it as others said. After looking at your site I would be surprised to find that your conversion rates would be higher by sending them directly to the buy page rather than the merchant's sales page.

m0rtal, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  13. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    yea my english is not that great, i know hebrew, russian and english so its a lot. and, i am pre-selling the product at my site, i dont sell it directley.
    i will aprciate people that will tell me what they dont like in my site? im expecting a conversion rate of 1%+, i optimize it for google search so it will be pretty laser targeted site. by telling a story about me, i think people will buy it. dont u think?

wounded1987, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  14. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Conversion rate of 1% is very low to aim for, no matter how you dice things, with the sort of product you're selling.

Also, simply telling a story about you really isn't necessarily the best way (on it's own) to sell your product. People need testimonials, sure, but they also need more personal application. How will this product affect THEM? And most importantly, there's a billion weight-loss products out there. Why should they choose THIS one - aka, what gives you & it credibility in their eyes?

Just some things to think about.

-T

Telmari, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  15. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    yep, you right, the thing is that for the keywords i choose for google, it's about weight loss stories and some other 5 keywords with very good searches[1000search a month and only 20 sites has it on thier title] so i checked all those sites and none of them offer aff products so i think im alone here, that is the case for this keywords only. i think telling a good story is a good way for people to belive that it can be done because people who search for a story wana know how they did that and if u gona tell them good sotry and in some point include that eBook u used than why woudnt they click on that link and see. also if i'm providing nore info about the auther so they will preffer it, all the thing to convince people buying the book, that should do the publishers page, not me. i need to find those despert people looking for an answer and than say "i did it" u see? it can be done, they dont look on a 20 page of testemonies [al of them are fake ofcurse] they look more for a good reliable story, publishers are more put effort on the page it self than on the testemoneis or they put too much testemoies and i think that will be good way to sell it...i'm not looking a competetive keyword....and today every market is competetive.

wounded1987, Feb 15, 2007 IP