1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to track if the back link is do follow???

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Kostas V., Jun 30, 2016.

Hi guys, am new at building links, recently (1.5 month ago) I bought a backlink to my website, but i can find it on seo spyglass nor majestic. I have inspected the link on the post, and it looks like a do follow link. Does it take time for these tools to crawl the backlink or it is something else that am missing.

Thanks for your help.

Kostas V., Jun 30, 2016 IP
  2. Kostas V.

Kostas V. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't find it*

3. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you did all you could.

View Source
    control + F: "nofollow" if it's absent for your link, then it's dofollow

jv1999, Jun 30, 2016 IP
  4. Kostas V.

Kostas V. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks jv, i found other people asking the same questions on warrior forum and here is some answers:

Some links show within minutes, some never show.
    But don't confuse them not showing up when you check with them not having an effect.
    Many links don't show up even when Google is giving you credit for them.

well google won't really tell you all the links they indexed as they take more authority sites for more priority which only makes sense. You shouldn't worry about this as there are many programs out there to check your links. IBP is one of them, great for promoting and checking links.

It doesn't matter if they show up or not. Most software is far from perfect. And Google normally doesn't show you half the backlinks they rank you for.
    So don't worry about it.
    Worry about building more.
    One thing though, quality backlinks will always show the fastest. So if you really want to rank your site and see the backlinks, focus on building quality links instead of spam.

5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can install an extension called "nodofollow" on your firefox so you'll know if a link on a site is nofollow or dofollow.
    Hope it helps..

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 30, 2016 IP
  6. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try adding the "nofollow" extension to your Chrome toolbar and track whether a link is nofollow or dofollow.

karen9999, Jun 30, 2016 IP
  7. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When people ask such questions (like this one... best way to know if link is dofollow or nofollow), another question arise in my mind, and it is ... why the hell people are so much worried about tracking nofollow or dofollow?

I understand tracking is important, but valuable things like user behavior (Analytics kind of things), but does it really matter to know how many links are dofollow and how many are nofollow? Yes, it is important to know at the time of making link if the link will be dofollow or nofollow, but once it is made then what is the real concern?

I being an SEO, I always pay attention at the time of making links, but after that.. I simply forget it. If people link my content (many times we get thousands of natural links), many are dofollow and other are nofollow. So, what is the real concern?

Mr_Kumar, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah it takes time for the links to get discovered. Open Site Explorer is even slower!!

dcristo, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  9. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    suwandichen13, Jul 31, 2016 IP
  10. Bhavna Malhi

Bhavna Malhi Member

Best Answers:
    If, in the link it is no follow, that means do follow is missing.

Bhavna Malhi, Oct 28, 2016 IP
  11. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    You can press CTRL+U, then find the website url on the source page, if there is "nofollow"written beside the URL, then it is no follow, but if there is no "nofollow"written there, it's do follow.

Klepon Pink, Nov 21, 2016 IP