1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to leave a blog comment with a link and not spam...ideas? suggs?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by thebitbotdotcom, Mar 22, 2010.

What is the best way to leave a blog comment with a link and not spam...ideas? suggs?

thebitbotdotcom, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  2. bangalore84

bangalore84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I see two ways here.
    1. Read the post, think it over and write a good comment.
    2. If for example English is not your native language (as it is in my case) or you have found a do-follow page with a good PR but the post you want to comment on is far from your sphere of interests and you don't know what to write, just find a forum where people discuss a similar question and get ideas (or a comment;-) ) from there. It works well for all kinds of review posts, i.e. gadget reviews, movies reviews, etc.

bangalore84, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  3. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that the best way is to read to blog post and the comment should be relevant to the post and not something meaningless or advertisement of your site or services.

howinfo, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  4. keyz

keyz Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you guys generally include a link with anchor text in say a signature? I find that a lot of these dofollow blogs frown on stuffing keywords in the "name" field.

keyz, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  5. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Look around at what other comments are on the the site. If they look like the name is keyworded anchor text for the name then they probably will allow yours providing your actual comment text is more than a few words and on topic with the blog. If you don't see other comments that appear to have keyworded anchor text for the name, then they may not allow it. In that case I sometimes use a name that could be a keyword and less likely for others to think so. If it is nofollow I don't bother. If it is a low pr I don't bother, but if it is something with decent pr and not many links on the page, then I will take a little more time to think about it, and look around the site to see what's going on, but only if it is really worth it.

gameutopia, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  6. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. Never post a comment on an OLD post with high PR. Go for newer posts, where author is still actively moderating comments and is likely to participate in discussion.
    2. Don't use keywords if the blog doesn't have keywordluv.
    3. Read the post thoroughly and if you don't understand the content, don't force yourself to make a comment.

jitendraag, Mar 23, 2010 IP