1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the Best way to learn HTML?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sidcrosby8718, Aug 23, 2008.

I am developing websites and i need to learn html. My cousin told me it was self explanatory but i find it confusing. So in conclusion what is the fastest way to learn HTML?

Also i am developing websites using weebly.com, should i switch over to godaddy?

Thank you,

Sidcrosby8718

sidcrosby8718, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  2. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    You should download the freeware Kompozer and learn CSS.

That's the way to go!

:)

scubita, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  3. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best way is to learn it from scratch all the raw HTML codes. I used to write it down on notepad and then convert it to HTML. That way, you will understand what all the codes mean.

lycos, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  4. idenblink

idenblink Guest

Best Answers:
    The best way should be coding them using notepad as it really helps you in remembering the syntax and getting more familiar with it. :)

idenblink, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  5. EuCoRi

EuCoRi Peon

Best Answers:
    Start a project. I read several books about the subject and realized I barely memorized anything. It's much more effective doing small tasks and work from there.

Also, use a text editor like Notepad++ instead of Dreamweaver.

EuCoRi, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  6. Hunter109

Hunter109 Member

Best Answers:
    I taught myself HTML and CSS and I learned it best by putting it to practice. When you read how to do something have an open HTML editor (crimson editor, notepad, dreamweaver) and put the code into it and save it and open it in your web browser so you can see the effect that each different code makes. I found this method of teaching myself most effective. Just don't start using anything like iWeb or Frontpage. Programs that write the code for you don't teach you anything.

Hunter109, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  7. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought two things, 1 doing it, and 2 a quick book.

So I picked up some book like HTML in 24 hours a long time ago. Might try that, but I'm sure once you get html under your belt you'll want to quick get a good IDE instead. ;)

tom

TommyD, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to learn HTML is by actually writing HTML code by hand.

Just go to some HTML tutorials Web site, find some examples for beginners, open up Notepad or other text editor and start writing the markup. Once you undertand the basics move to more advanced examples and so on. Soon you should be able to write your own HTML code from head.

risoknop, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  9. sidcrosby8718

sidcrosby8718 Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks everyone for the help!!!

sidcrosby8718, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  10. CaveBoss

CaveBoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. I'd like to recommend you these website to learn HTML:

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/ (I learned HTML with this one)
    or
    http://www.htmldog.com/

You just have to try by yourself everything you learn from those tutorials. HTML is all about practice. I'm sure it wouldn't take you long before you can create a nice website from scratch. ;)

CaveBoss, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  11. ernadh

ernadh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello.

Html is very easy and it's not hard to learn. I learned it with www[dot]w3schools[dot]com
    I suggest everyone to learn web developing, coding etc. languages on that web site because it provides best examples and will definitely teach you what you want.

ernadh, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  12. fri_2_freez

fri_2_freez Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to download free templates from the internet and then analyze the code to see what they meant.
    That's how I started learning HTML

fri_2_freez, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  13. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I learned from a book and practiced the examples at home, and then I start to experiment with the free html templates you can find on the web.

windtalker, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  14. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find a good tutorial online or pickup a hands on style of book to get started. I prefer using books simply because most of the info you need is all contained in the book.

The next step and probably the most important one is to use a basic no thrills text editor like notepad. Advanced text editors are nice once you've learned html, but the only real way to learn is by writing every piece of code by hand.

After following the examples in the tutorials/book you should have a basic site built. Most likely you'll still feel a little confused about how to build a site without a tutorial to guide you. This is fine. Continue to use the tutorial as a guide but try and experiment by doing a different site then the one used in the tutorial.

Once you have a basic understanding of html you'll find yourself only using your book/tutorial to look up a code sample you forgot how to write. At this point I'd recommend getting a html cheat sheet. The nice thing about html is that all of the most commonly used codes will fit on a single sheet. If you continue to write html on a regular basis it won't be long before you have it all memorized.

At this point you'll probably start to notice a lot of limitations on what type of pages you can design using html. Now you're ready to start learning css. Don't worry, css may look confusing at first too, but you'll soon learn that it's really just as simple as html.

Raisin, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  15. alexisarticles

alexisarticles Peon

Best Answers:
    I took a class on HTML in college, and I had no clue what was going on. I just kind of spaced when the instructor was talking for 3 hours straight. I dropped the course, but I kept the textbook and I used Web Monkey's online HTML resources to figure out the code. I can now do HTML and simple CSS - nothing fancy, but at least I can make my own site modifications without having to pay someone to do it for me.

alexisarticles, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  16. designervalley

designervalley Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to learn HTML is by actually writing HTML code by hand. Also i will suggest you a site that is w3schools.com you can view the tutorials from this site also there are many other tutorials... do njoy... :)

designervalley, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  17. yyy

yyy Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just started learning HTML.

This thread give me much useful informations.

Thamks to you all above.

yyy, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  18. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If u r teaching a born baby how to speak since 2-3 months do u think that he will talk within few months. No no not at all. Then how it is possible that after opening books or tutorials for a days or week u will learn html.

as u r newbie then surely it will take some time. HTML is easy to learn but u just need practice. don't lose ur hope.

www.w3schools.com

Jalpari, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  19. civiliam

civiliam Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree with this method i learned from video tutorials and acehtml freeware

civiliam, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  20. dpsubi1

dpsubi1 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HTML is very easy. try w3schools.com

thanks

dpsubi1, Aug 25, 2008 IP