1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the best way to check mailcious code or virus on joomla site

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by ajayto, Jan 21, 2011.

Hi,

i have number of joomla site and my hosting provide send me message your site is not secure they have malicious code or virus so please fixed it or upgrade its version or plugin..so please tell me how i can overcome this problem if this happened so how can secure my site .. i want to know which is the best to monitor site for malicious code or virus please also suggest me some online tools also..

i am very thankful to you..

thanks

ajayto, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  2. san321

san321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your host should be able to give you filenames to look for and start. How big is the site? You can probably upgrade joomla or do a fresh install, it just depends on the database and what version of joomla it is.

san321, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  3. LogoDesignMine

LogoDesignMine Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also do a search for malware scan. There are a ton of malware and bot scanners out there that will locate that code.

LogoDesignMine, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  4. san321

san321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How did you end up with your problem? I hightly recomment admin tools for joomla security. Google it.

san321, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  5. HavenX

HavenX Member

Best Answers:
    You can try Jdefender this Ultimate Joomla Protection is a component that protects Joomla from Flood, PHP Injections, MySql Injections to any component.

HavenX, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  6. schlogo

schlogo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what the problem is. Do you see funky problems ? If not here s what i m doing when it happens. I usally update joomla and all the components then change mysql , ftp and admin password. I then download all the files to my pc and scan them with the antivirus, it will certainly rings on certain files. It can happen that the index.html files are infected or that malware is place in xmlrpc directories. I ll also look at the logs to see if a url is gettings to many accesses or if an error occurs too many times.

In any case, verify the rights on the joomla directories, it should not be all 777

schlogo, Feb 12, 2011 IP