1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best site for ASP.NET scripts?

Discussion in 'C#' started by usadesi, Dec 14, 2008.

What is the best site for ASP.NET scripts?

like real esate, jobs ans classifieds etc.

where i can find the clone of evite in asp.net

usadesi, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  2. ASPkit

ASPkit Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck on that. If you find one be sure to let us know.

ASPkit, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  3. yugolancer

yugolancer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you will find such website. Unlike PHP, ASP.NET is not open-source and therefore you cannot expect to find free scripts. Btw, code produced in ASP.NET is not a script! Rather it is compiled code (VB, C# etc.) :)

yugolancer, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  4. vihutuo

vihutuo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vihutuo, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  5. hajan

hajan Peon

Best Answers:
    yes... I'm also recommending u to chech for more in asp.net website.

And.. definitelly, ASP.NET uses It's own scripting language but all the programmings are done with Programming language like C# / VB.NET and so on... so ... it's compiled ... which, by my own opinion, it's definitelly much better than code produced in scripting languages like php.

hajan, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  6. JenniP

JenniP Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact that .NET isn't open source has no relevance here, as ASP.NET and the .NET framework are free its only the development tools that cost money (and you can free ones of those with the Express editions of Visual Studio). Although there is Mono which is an open source implementation of the .NET framework.

Kind of leads on to a thread I've just started it seems there is some demand for cheap/free ASP.NET applications just no-one really doing them, at least no where that I know of.

Personally I think this is a real shame as ASP.NET is a great framework for web applications.

Jen

JenniP, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    Hi Jen,
    I admire this is an interesting point of view. But unfortunately it doesn't make sense to me.
    Namely, what the mono project has to do with the FREE code? Does it mean that if you got free .NET FW platform that everything else should be free as well? C'mon Jen, maybe you want to read more about the open-source meaning before you say something else here?

Regards :)

yugolancer, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  8. JenniP

JenniP Peon

Best Answers:
    Oooh twisting words around, no of course it doesnt, however you were stating this

And I was pointing out that there IS an open source version of ASP.NET.

But to answer your question, no not everything written in ASP.NET should be open source, 99% of the code I write is closed source, it doesnt however mean you cant open source code if you want to.

Using your logic all PHP code should be open source because PHP is, which is also rubbish, you can make commercial closed source applications with PHP.

Actually perhaps you should, just because you use a commerical product to create code, you the author can apply any kind of licence you like. I've written quite a few pieces of code I've GPLed and other open source licences, I've submitted code, bug reports etc to several open source projects.

Infact CodePlex which is of course hosted and run by Microsoft REQUIRE an open source licence to be used on code that hosted is hosted there, and its full of open source .NET code.

There is quite a strong open source movement based on Microsoft technologies, just because you use or create open source software it doesn't mean you have to be a bearded Linux person.

Jen

JenniP, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  9. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    Maybe you are merely right but, usually it is common practice that open-source is related to PERL, PHP and such.
    Counting a very few examples (written using the MS technologies) compared with really amazing number of PHP and such open-source projects is actually ignorable. In Math all the values below 0.5 are ignored ;)

Cheers

10. JenniP

JenniP Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think I'm merely right, I'm actually right :) Yes it its more common on those platforms as they are more common on Linux where open source is a way of life, commercial software isn't exactly common. Where as on the Windows platform, commercial software is the norm, open source can be seen as alien its hardly a surprise open source on Windows is seen as so unusual.

I wouldn't say its that low, but your right its not that high, certainly not as high as it could (some would say should) be, it is improving though.

It is true to say there isn't a really common flagship open source application .NET such as say Wordpress, but there are some well known ones such as DotNetNuke.

Jen

JenniP, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  11. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    Good, you made the point but, DotNetNuke is not good proof that MS technologies are used for open-source.
    Simply it is NOT true and it's not necessary to argue. You know very well that open-source is much more than a licence.

12. JenniP

JenniP Peon

Best Answers:
    Hold on are you really saying that Open Source on the .NET platform doesn't exist?

So if open source isn't a licence what is it (and your right it can also be open source without a licence, however something released under an open source licence IS open source)? And what makes ASP.NET applications that are open source not open source then?

Jen

JenniP, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  13. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    Not entirely but, you are very close to the truth, IMHO. Means, it exists as a term but in practice we have a different picture.

I will not comment the rest of the post.

Regards :)