1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best & quickest way to Adwords success?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by kre8or, Aug 27, 2009.

Hi

I'm a newbie and would like to try out my first PPC/Adwords campaign...I've gone thru the Forum Adwords FAQ, so I understand how it works.

Although, what I would like to know from all you experienced marketers is: what s the best & quickest way to Adwords success?

What are your thoughts on this?

1) Select an affiliate product you want to promote
    2) Buy a domain name
    3) Setup a landing/sales/review page
    4) Do some Keyword research
    5) Setup a PPC campaign
    6) Collect money!!! ;o)

Your feedback would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

kre8or, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliates use others because it isn't easy. Figure on losing money while you build your keyword list. It can easily take thousands of dollars to build a successful keyword list. It's something that you need to put a lot of work into.

mjewel, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  3. kre8or

kre8or Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, didn't quite get this?...what do you mean by "others":

1) other professionals to manage your PPC campaigns
    2) other methods to promote Affiliate products

Wow!...this sounds scary!...what would you recommend to a newbie for a quick start, without losing his shirt? ;)

kre8or, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  4. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would guess that over 90% of people who try using adwords to promote affiliate programs wind up losing money. I think only a couple percentage make good money. The keyword list will make or break you. It's not going to be as easy as starting a campaign and watching the money roll in. If someone doesn't want to risk losing any money, I wouldn't advise starting blind with adwords. I would first go through the adwords certification process, read everything I could on affiliate marketing with adwords. There is also a book by Andrew Goodman called "Winning Results with google adwords" which I highly recommend.

mjewel, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  5. kre8or

kre8or Peon

Best Answers:
    As suggested, went straight to Amazon to buy the book...although, one of the reviews says this:

Nice, but... it's obsolete, October 4, 2005
    By Andreas Ramos (Palo Alto, California)

Okay, why are people giving this book positive reviews when the most important thing in Adwords changed in early August and the book is now obsolete? Hello? The bid management tool CHANGED. No more 0.5% threshold. No more On-Hold system. That's gone. Didn't those "reviewers" notice this? If you want to work with Adwords and you're looking for a book on Adwords, you'll need to make sure the book covers the current state of Adwords.

kre8or, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  6. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have burnt my hands while doing affiliate through adwords
    Burnt out my wallet and bank account as well
    One needs to have some blackhat tricks (of course that also costs money) to drive traffic to your sales page, adwords alone will not do

COBSolutions, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  7. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords are getting increasingly difficult for affiliates to advertise on. Recently Google have said that MFA sites are likely to attract low QS, so I'd probably recommend adcenter if you're an affiliate - although don't expect big bucks, conversion rates are slightly better but traffic volumes are very low (compared to G)

JHardy_WV, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  8. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Use highly targeted and focused keywords for the product you are selling. You are going for quality, not quantity.

2. Create compelling ads giving the searcher exactly what he's looking for.

3. Write a sales letter that makes people take out their credit card.

4. Analyze data. Improve all of the above. You may not make money at first. Not everything sells on the Internet. Sometimes they do but the ROI is just not there. Know when to cut your losses. Have a plan: people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan.

Don't know about Goodman's book but in PPC, things can become obsolete very quickly. The quote you show is prehistoric in Adwords years. If he doesn't have an updated version, don't buy it.

Lucid Web Marketing, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  9. Psyonic

Psyonic Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe as time goes on, affiliate are going to need to create "thicker" sites, with more information. Try adding more than a sales pitch.

Psyonic, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  10. kre8or

kre8or Peon

Best Answers:
    Needless to say, the responses are a bit discouraging for a newbie! :(...but appreciate the word of caution!

> Would you happen to know any of the Blackhat techniques or recommend someone/some program?

kre8or, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  11. kre8or

kre8or Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, what is MFA?...and thanks for the Adcenter recommendation!

kre8or, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  12. kre8or

kre8or Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips...this may sound a bit silly but, is there a way to "bypass" all of the above and just start making money? :)

...as my philosophy is to follow the path of least resistance...i guess what I'm trying to say is, for a newbie, it might be too much to learn, trial and error and in the process get too overwhelmed and there is a big possibility to quit

So! is there a better, easier and quicker way to make money?...for example Viral marketing?...i LOVE the concept!...so yes! am after an EZZZZZZZY / LAZZZZZZY way to make money! ...IS THERE ANY? ;)

kre8or, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  13. kre8or

kre8or Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you here...especially, with this "recession" there are millions jumping on the bandwagon every month!!!!

kre8or, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  14. guyco

guyco Guest

Best Answers:
    ((( So! is there a better, easier and quicker way to make money?...for example Viral marketing?...i LOVE the concept!...so yes! am after an EZZZZZZZY / LAZZZZZZY way to make money! ...IS THERE ANY? )))

If there was one, everybody would use it.

We all have to start at the buttom of the ladder and climb it step by step to the top.

guyco, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  15. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    > is there a way to "bypass" all of the above and just start making money?

No. This is the formula to using PPC. You have to put in the effort. If you are not able or willing, it won't work. If that's the case, quit before you start.

You don't have to use PPC of course if you don't want to. There are other advertising mediums. My first point concerns PPC only. The other three are the same whether you advertise on radio, TV or newspaper. There is no easy, lazy way and that includes viral marketing that you mention. Guyco is right: if there was one, everybody would be doing it.

Lucid Web Marketing, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  16. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    MFA=Made For Adsense
    Important Note: When ever you come across a website which carries more ads and less content do us all a favor. Click on the ads by google link and report abuse.
    Thanks

newbie191, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  17. Investor77

Investor77 Peon

Best Answers:
    There's Ebook titled The Ultimate SuperTip - a free book packed with valuable and unique marketing tips. I sincerely recommend this stuff ;)

Investor77, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  18. Investor77

Investor77 Peon

Best Answers:
    this ebook presents a strategy for selling any type of product using methods which will never become obsolete. Plus an ingenious twist which will send your traffic rocketing.

19. Investor77

Investor77 Peon

Best Answers:
    And what is important, it is neatly set out, easy to follow, written without hype and not littered with annoying links.
    It contains also an amazing idea for making you money from the book itself. This idea is at the end of this book. I hope, that this stuff will help you.

20. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

5a.) Track everything and test everything
    5b.) Find keywords which are converting and delete ones which are not
    5c.) Try different landing pages, find out which ones convert best
    5d.) Test different offers

hope this helps :)

ChrisBa, Aug 29, 2009 IP