1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the best place for internal links?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tanikist, Jul 31, 2014.

should my internal links be on the upper side of my articles or lower side of the articles for traffic flow. Which bring me more traffic? Not for passing link juice traffic only

Tanikist, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The best internal links are right in the actual text itself, as in the blue example to the left. So wherever the text is (top, middle, bottom), you place the links where they best fit the flow of text.

Jim4767, Jul 31, 2014 IP
    DiggitySEO likes this.
  3. gesteves

gesteves Member

Best Answers:
    Use it in the content where it fits better, the reader will feel more tempted to click on it when he is reading related content.

gesteves, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  4. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should be split testing and depending what type of internal links you use. If you use something like related posts, or articles similar with these widgets for internal linking, those widgets usually perform better at the bottom, after the user already read the article and looks for more. Other type of links perform better on the top.

Ferzy, Aug 3, 2014 IP
    DiggitySEO likes this.
  5. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ferzy hit the nail on the head. Your ultimate answer when it comes to sales and conversion is split testing.

This is great advice as well. If you're looking to convert traffic into a click, its all about setting up the conversion in the context of the text.

Something like...

Dog training can be difficult, especially if its your first pet. What I recommend is reading a guide designed for your specific breed.​

... This is going to encourage the reader to think "hey, here's is some real advice and there's a link here that will tell me exactly what i need".

This will perform better than a link that isn't contextually setup, whether or not its at the top or the bottom of the article.

Hope this helps,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Aug 4, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 and Ferzy like this.