1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best Online Store software?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by web893, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Xeter_Design

Xeter_Design Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally 100% agreed....I always will recommend to a client wanting some sort of online shopping cart solution to use OSCommerce. It's flexible and stable and has some really great features.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    CEO Xeter Design and Development

Xeter_Design, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. Simply101

Simply101 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm I didn't see anyone mention this AMAZING script Cs-cart.com , it beats them ALL :D

Simply101, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  3. INTELEX

INTELEX Peon

Best Answers:
    INTELEX, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  4. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento or Ubercart.

Hon Daddy Dad, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. ChaosFoo

ChaosFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious.

Why do you like CS-Cart so much? How exactly does it beat them all?

Also, for a more general question:

Why can't any of the listed shopping carts seem to write valid HTML? Zen cart seems to be the only one that validates most of the time.

Also, What is up with all of these carts completely abusing the use of tables. Any standard OSCommerce page has about 15 tables on it. It is quite silly to use that many tables. All of those pages could be rewritten in about half of the code.

Sorry, I'm just blowing some steam. It is often quite annoying to create a custom skin for most of these carts.

ChaosFoo, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  6. floop

floop Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer digishop. Simple and stable.

floop, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  7. ChaosFoo

ChaosFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I just checked it out. It does look stable, the HTML validates (Finally!), but they still abuse tables!

This is probably one of the better ones that I have seen, but STOP WITH THE TABLES ALREADY! :)

I just picked a random page and counted the number of tables on that page. There were 19! Some people may be wondering why I care that much. I care because it is way easier to design a custom skin/them for your store if the store is not built on tables. I don't know about you guys, but I would much rather have a custom looking shopping cart, than something that looks like all of the other shopping carts. Plus table layouts are terribly difficult to troubleshoot if anything goes wrong.

Still no word from Simply101 as to why CS-cart is so awesome? I'm just curious.

ChaosFoo, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  8. Paintball Guns

Paintball Guns Active Member

Best Answers:
    For years, OS Commerce and ZenCart have dominated the open source shopping cart market. Most other shopping carts had too small of community and too little investment from the developers to last long.

OS Commerce and ZenCart are based on old code. The new Magento is creating a lot of buzz. I understand that Magento is funded by a company that hopes to make money by providing programming and other support, like the Wordpress model. I'm not affiliated with Magento, but here is a Magento shopping cart review.

Paintball Guns, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  9. eileensuzan

eileensuzan Banned

Best Answers:
    Your best is drupal+cafeepress.With Drupal you are thinking abt huge traffic and search engine friendly URL

eileensuzan, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  10. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use zencart. or joomla + vm

me4you, Apr 12, 2008 IP