1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best Gallery script for Wordpress?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by PHIL BADER, Jun 21, 2007.

I was wondering what is the best Gallery (Photos) plugin for wordpress. I know there hundreds out there. I just want the best one, simple, smooth and can be easily integrated with any wordpress them.
    Any response will be appreciated.

PHIL BADER, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  2. sharkyx

sharkyx Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been asking this question for a long time too. Haven't had the chance to use any galley plugin but would like to use one. I'm looking forward for some good replies here

sharkyx, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  3. SpringCypress

SpringCypress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends on what your needs are.

off the top of my head I'd say

Menalto Gallery2
    stand alone gallery app with built in wp integration.

SpringCypress, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  4. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used that Gallery2 with the WPG2 plugin - it works great, but it was a little more complicated to get all the pieces togather than I had expected

I use it here still >> Vanguard SOH Screenshots - and here is an example of a "thumbnail" used in a posting to link to the gallery >> Gulgrethor Fortress Dungeon Review (Vanguard SOH)

I've seen easier gallery scripts (all available at the WP plugins section of the official website) but they aren't as robust as the Gallery2 option.

If you're going to be keeping many images, and want them collected in a neatly catagorized/easy to navigate interface Gallery2 is the way to go - it allows you to easy select images and link to galleries directly with-in the posting interface, which is nice. Gallery2 plugins include the ability to rate and comment on images which ads a nice bit of usabilit/interaction to the gallery.

If you're looking for something more simple, for instance you just want to post a few pictures now and then, and you want to link to those pictures from your posts - one of the other more simplistic gallery scripts/plugins is probably more appropriate.

Epica, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been looking too, for something that is easy to use, doesn't need flicker, and can just so a simple gallery that i can put hyper linked captions underneath.
    That's all!
    Everything is so complicated and it still doesn't do just shoes simple features.

hmansfield, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  6. PHIL BADER

PHIL BADER Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys ;) appreciated

PHIL BADER, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  7. toothmaniac

toothmaniac Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what about CINCOPA

toothmaniac, Jul 26, 2011 IP