1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the best content grabbing wordpress plugin

Discussion in 'Programming' started by rizly77, Sep 22, 2015.

hi folks.
    Does any came across about any plugin which grabs contents from other sites and post it in my wordpress sites.
    Not an auto blogging tool or plugin.

it should be an addon or plugin or even a software which will grab all contents with it's sources link. and post it a relevant category of my site.

It's something like copying the contents from another site and pasting it in our site.
    But using a tool or plugin which will make the process easier.

Please don't recemmond me any autoblogging tools.

rizly77, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Since this will vary greatly depending on what kind of content you'd want to copy (of course you're allowed to copy this content, yes?) finding ONE plugin to do this for you is highly unlikely. Something you can hope for would be several different plugins doing different things, but best bet would be building your own tool to fetch the content you want.
    Depending on what content you're talking about, there might already be ways to access it - do the website(s) have an API you can utilize, perhaps?

PoPSiCLe, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  3. rizly77

rizly77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    H
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm asking for a plugin or else an addon which can grab contents.

For example today i came accross a chrome add on which grabs images and some cpntents from a site and post it in the wordpress.
    The problem with that add on is has the ability to grab videos, images and even take a screenshot of the site. But there is no any feature to grab the articles of the site.

I need something like this but has to grab the articles too.

rizly77, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    CONTENT, unless you mean a list of articles/chapters in a book/magazine with page numbers next to them. Content is an uncountable noun.

It sounds like you want an article scraper, so as @PoPSiCLe mentioned does the website have an API? Have you asked the site owner(s) for permission? There is no uniform way to scrape (unless someone decided to use idiotic HTML5 tags) and it's a shitty thing to do, unless you have permission.

ryan_uk, Oct 4, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.