1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best chain setup for 1m monthly ?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Dayvi, Jun 11, 2015.

I'm currently using Sovrn (floor set to $0.55) with a passback to MadAdsMedia (floor set to $0.05) for my display adverts.

Is there a better setup?

My analytics:
    Sessions - 1,195,842
    Users - 431,284
    Pageviews - 7,003,366
    Pages / Session - 5.86
    Avg. Session Duration - 00:03:51
    Bounce Rate - 55.45%

Dayvi, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  2. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could use Sovrn with pass backs to pulsepoint with passbacks set the madadsmedia.

lukey372, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  3. Dayvi

Dayvi Member

Best Answers:
    I've signed up and I'll let you know.

In the mean time I've been trying MGID as a 3rd in the chain. I'd prefer to only chain 2, but there seems to be a lot of impressions getting through.

Dayvi, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  4. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pulsepoint is a good mid tier. I know engage:bdr (i believe is how you write it) has some great offers for first look. So it might be a good idea to check them out, I would also suggest seeing if you can get on with Criteo, put them on the top of your stack, they will increase demand / bids down the waterfall since they are retargeting based.

On some of the demand stacks i've worked with which had like Criteo and OpenX for example, i've seen Criteo increase fill by 15 - 40% and increase the rates by 15 - 30% on other networks because they are such large buyers being retargeting based, they buy down the chain and ultimately your rates and fill pick up.

Keeping your chain to 3 networks max is suggested, 2 partial fill / passbacks and 1 Remnant 100% Fill.

wrekoniz3, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  5. Dayvi

Dayvi Member

Best Answers:
    MGID did not work so well in the chain. I've given it a space of its own for a while to see how it goes. It depends on clicks, and my viewers aint a click'n.
    Also giving PremiumCPM a go. Their dashboard sucks, so its difficult to tell if they are good yet.

Dayvi, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  6. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    PM'd you about PremiumCPM.

As for MGID I have heard mixed reviews. I know a few people who work / worked there.

The thing to remember is that companies work together too sometimes so if you have overlapping demand segments it could adversely effect rates on a given network in your chain.

wrekoniz3, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  7. Dayvi

Dayvi Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, turned out MGID was not right for my viewers. It is a good system that I may return to in the future. Or even have it setup to only show on slow days (Sat and Sun for my site), where its less about views and more about clicks.

PremiumCPM was a bit too complex for me. Unusual dashboard and no passbacks made it hard to work with.

I'm currently trying out Criteo, which has the nice benefit of a UK division for GBP payments. I'll post again in a few days when I know how good it is.

Dayvi, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  8. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    I offered to give you a platform tour and provide tips for best practice but you didn't respond to my email, and sure enough you never emailed my self or your Account Manager asking about setting a floor or passbacks. I hate to say it since obviously I appreciate the opportunity to work with you, however, it seems you are best just scouring through networks as you are, since you clearly don't have patience, nor the decency to ask when you need help. We unfortunately do not specialize in telepathy. However, wish you the best of luck.

As for Criteo, they are a retargeting platform, so make sure you put them at the top of your Demand Stack to increase demand with your other partners.

wrekoniz3, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  9. Dayvi

Dayvi Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using
    Criteo > Sovrn > MadAdsMedia
    for a few days and its working quite well.
    They guys at Criteo have been really helpful to get things setup perfect.
    I think I'm going to stick with this for a while.

Dayvi, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  10. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lucky you my site has been pending for nearly 2 weeks :D

lukey372, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  11. Dayvi

Dayvi Member

Best Answers:
    I've found that Sovrn revenue has been down since setting this up - down lower than the extra revenue from Criteo.
    So I'm now trying
    Sovrn > Critro > MadAdsMedia
    to see how that works out for total revenue through the chain.

Dayvi, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  12. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    From what it sounds like. That is not going to work. If you put Criteo above, and you noticed a rate drop, then that means criteo is most likely a large enough buyer to have an effect on your demand stack on Sovrn, so your best chance for optimal revenue would be keeping criteo at the top since they are a retargeter. If you notice revenue drop on Sovrn, lower the floor, and increase the floor on Criteo.

wrekoniz3, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  13. businessbrother

businessbrother Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So,

Bro,

Which network?

businessbrother, Mar 8, 2016 IP