1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best Article Directory Script Free or Paid

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dscurlock, Aug 23, 2010.

I am looking for the best article directory script...free or paid.

any ideas?

dscurlock, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  2. proudlynaija

proudlynaija Peon

Best Answers:
    directory submitter. Just google it

proudlynaija, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  3. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    WallaceYeung, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  4. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    We run our article directory on a Article Friendly Article Publishing Script, and I must say that it is doing a very good job. It has all the features that are needed for successful article directory and it is also highly edit and customizable.

howinfo, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  5. circlecity

circlecity Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article Friendly is clunky and has no support. It's funny you pay for this software and the creator hides all his links and company info throughout the script. So you have to go through the whole template files and find all these buggers and remove them.

circlecity, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  6. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I never had problems getting any support if I needed some. There was some period when the support forum was down but it is up and running again now. Removing some links was no problem, at least you are allowed to do so. Some of the other scripts I have had you are not even allowed to remove the links or you have to pay extra if you want to do so.

Of course it is not perfect as I have not seen any ready made script that is perfect but it is customizable and it has all the important features that one article directory needs and for us it works really well.

As our article directory has took off very well now then I was thinking of switching it to custom made script but to get something really good that would do all the things that AF can do and more, I need to spend at least 2k on it. So I was thinking why to fix something that is working perfectly well.

If you could recommend some other article directory script that would do better job I would be more than happy to take a look.

howinfo, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  7. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    rashida, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  8. open-seo

open-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    i use Article submitter. it'z nice. u can try it free

open-seo, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  9. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'd go for wordpress article directory plugin.. which is very clever and that easy to SEO.
    there are lots of these Article directory plugin you so can just chose which is best for you.

etc, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  10. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go with Article Dashboard in all honesty. I think "Etc" had a solid recommendation for wordpress sites though.

UnBooked, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  11. marki8

marki8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i using articleMS, and wordpress plugin, this is free script

marki8, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  12. lyrescript

lyrescript Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    subrion publishing script, def the best one for me

it can be easily used as a blog platform or articles directory script, tons of plugins and templates...

lyrescript, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  13. Bankruptcypenn

Bankruptcypenn Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try easysubmits.com but with required payment. Or Unique Article Wizard but this is an automated software. But I would prefer the manual submission just like submitting in Ezines, article dashboard, articlebase, amazines and a lot more...

Bankruptcypenn, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  14. lentak

lentak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use esyndicate script here. It has both article and link submissions available. But I cannot tell that it's the best one.

lentak, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  15. kerryzeng

kerryzeng Peon

Best Answers:
    kerryzeng, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  16. circlecity

circlecity Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I'm referring to is all the ads and links he puts into his script. He sticks his website on a lot of pages and pops them on the admin and customer emails. So you have to remove all this stuff once you keep spotting them. A paid script should have the bottom footer link and that is it really. The script feels like a custom script that somebody decided to release to the public.

I don't plan on running another article site since it appears 90% of all visitors or submissions are done through script and software bots. So, nobody really visits your website. If I was I would probably use esyndiate or pressreleasescript who also has an article version. Heck might as well just use the free wordpress one.

circlecity, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  17. Dhvanesh

Dhvanesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Check out articlesss.com/article-directory-wordpress-theme/

It would be a great choice if you are planning to setup Wordpress based article directory. Recently I setup an instant approval article directory using this template and it's working fine for me.

Dhvanesh, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  18. Jay26

Jay26 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please check this articlesbase.com.........24 hours approval

Jay26, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  19. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not always, article directory needs some amount of gestation period and that can be little too longer for webmasters to persist with it, you need to get some nice PR going, get Alexa below 500,000k, nice script running the directory etc and persist with your efforts, it takes at least 2 years before it starts getting noticed and gets real submissions and then search engines go into frenzy, if for nothing a backlink from such an article site at that stage itself can do wonders for your own sites.

If the thinking is that you create an article site, slap some adsense blocks all over the place and leave it to earn money for you, well it will not work that way, article site is just like any other site, it needs care and attention in the initial days of grooming and that period is little longer than a normal website of yours, since the content is user submitted and there can be duplicacy issues etc, to counter those you need to build links aggressively and get the word about the site all across the internet, once you have the attention of the webmasters around the world then you will get quality articles submitted and people start taking notice of it and search bots starts making visits every minute to your site, that is the time to make money from that site.

Yes, check out my article directory and this also wordpress based, but of course it is a paid script.

COBSolutions, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  20. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:

Yes, I agree there where some links in various places scattered around the scrip but I had to go trough most of the files anyway to make some changes needed so I did remove the links then as well, it was not that much of a problem really.

Fist six months our article directory was really quiet and there was hardly any submissions and any traffic but we where doing lot of link building and some PPC advertising and now we are getting steady submissions every day.

We are very strict what we publish and we try to keep quality high and that really helps with syndication. No we get almost 20k visitors per month and we are planning to triple that in next six months.

I do agree it takes lot longer to get it running than an average website and it does require lot of hands on monitoring and seo work but once you get past certain level then some of the things will start working on autopilot as author will star building links to their articles, you get links by syndication and other sites are linking to your content as well.

I think it would be easier if to concentrate on certain niche than just have general directory. And if you are patient and you resist the temptation to approve and publish all the articles that come to your way than it should work out alright.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    howinfo, Sep 3, 2010 IP