1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the average price to pay for content articles / pages?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by John D, Jan 9, 2017.

Hey,

I was just going through domains and notice I have too many Ive been paying for with nothing on them, what is the going rate for content?

They really vary.. nothing that needs a lot of research of knowledge on the subject matter, just just say for example Survival // dot watch - It would be sites to put in normal info

Thanks

John D, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  2. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is only my opinion...there are certainly plenty of opinions out there.

< $0.01 per word...poor grammar and poor content. When a native writer reads this, it's immediately apparent that it was written by a non-native writer. Many of the statements/thoughts might not even make sense.

$0.01 per word will get you decent grammar, if you're lucky, and just average content. Most will be non-native English writers, although there are some native writers who will work at this rate. This should primarily be used for filler text. Or you can use it as a quick and dirty way to get some starter content that you then do some heavy lifting to clean up and make presentable for more important uses than just filler text.

$0.02 per word should get pretty good grammar and average content. No reason to use non-native English writers at this rate. You might can get by with publishing this in front of readers.

$0.03 per word - good grammar and pretty good content. Native writers only. This will work for most money sites and sites where you actually expect readers to be somewhat interested in what you're presenting.

$0.05 for great grammar and some very unique/engaging content. This is what you need to spend for a solid landing or sales page. When words and hooks are critical.

Go past that and the law of diminishing returns starts to kick in, but this is where you'll find experts and journalistic type stuff.

GTAce, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  3. Greg B

Greg B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Website and blog owners have to get away from the idea that they can provide quality content cheaply. Those days are over and Google is cracking down like crazy. Reason being is Google wants valued and useful web pages. They're so sick of hack and cheap sites that just in the past year thanks to their proprietary software, tens of millions of marketing sites got pushed so far down the search results that you would have to stand on a worm's head to find them.

Even when article after article is published by the SEO trades pointing this out, you'll always get some cheap bastard hunting around for cheap content and then try to pass it off as quality. I've seen it all. Copywriting companies run by criminals that exploit poor people even at gunpoint. Interpol and other global law enforcement have their hands full with these knuckleheads.

Google now wants posts at 1,000 or more words. 1,500 is the new average, not the 300 or 400 hack articles. Linkbuilding hack sites are DOOMED. I've been working with Google intensely for the past year as I've friends and relatives as execs. Those cheap Google News sites that everyone and their brother were cranking out got declared as fake news and even Facebook joined in thus crashing the profits of these sites and exposing them for what they are. It felt good watching them fall.

Brokering is dying off too. You can't ask someone to work for a measly $1 per 100 words then charge the primary client $4 per 100 words. That's called exploitation and predatory. Clients who pay good money to these brokers only find out too soon their investment isn't work squat and the bad guys are long gone.

The algorithms for detecting shit copy and those who pay low for quality is getting scary. You can also send in any solicitations to Google regarding anyone trying to get away with this type of scam.

Copywriters are taken advantage of all the time and vice versa with publishers. You all know the games played. Stolen content, so called 'trials' for a job used to open an account for a bigger paying site and leaving the original writer in the dust.

You'll even have publishers go anal retentive and hyper critical of your writing skills just to try to beat you down in price. They'll try ever trick in the book like promise the Moon and stars and then when you take the job, the terms change in a 'bait and switch' operation. I can't remember how many people I've had to take to court or have arrested around the world pulling this shit.

Thus the bottom line is, if you have a blog or website and you're trying Black Hat copy hiring and exploitation, you're doomed. All your sites will be banned or dropped off the face of the Earth. Not only is Google going to drop your sites, but they know your identity, company, investors, etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if they team up with your local law enforcement and government and have you drawn and quartered for these unsavory practices.

To prove what I'm saying, these stories are from the horse's mouth. Read em' and weep.

https://www.shoutmeloud.com/on-page-seo.html

https://www.mttr.io/blog/blogger-help/rise-long-form-content-means-business/

http://searchengineland.com/faq-all-about-the-new-google-rankbrain-algorithm-234440

https://www.ama.org/publications/MarketingNews/Pages/seo-rules-2016.aspx

https://www.snapagency.com/blog/whatll-be-the-best-length-for-a-blog-article-in-2016-for-seo

Greg B, Jan 19, 2017 IP
    GTAce likes this.
  4. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Even if you are not able to get perfect grammar, make sure the information in the article is solid rarely shared on other places and related to the facts. I am getting natural shares of social signals for my articles without any effort for them in building backlinks.

degreubiwa, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  5. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guest blogging, legitimate article sharing, and similar tactics are great and sustainable linkbuilding practices, but making up terrible article content and passing it off as something people should read or link to is both bad for users and bad for long-term SEO.

Resumexpert, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  6. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:

This is a pretty good guide you can follow. :)

Good luck, and I hope you get a great content for your website!

Anitasol, Feb 5, 2017 IP