1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the #1 way to get traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dionne Taylor, Aug 30, 2013.

1. bitronictech

bitronictech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the number one, cheapest and best way of getting real visitors is good rich content. If you create relevant, useful and/or exciting content you will get traffic. This point cannot be emphasized enough.

Content Is King.

Even when doing a PPC camapign like Google AdWords, your landing page relevance is quitessential to keeping costs low. Both in terms of conversions per-click cost. Google charges less per click to ads with relevant landing pages.

Not only that, but if you write quality content and do good on page SEO, you will eventually find yourself getting a considerable amount of free, sustained traffic. This traffic will also be for keyword terms in your niche. The key thing you have to look at is ROI. Good content and on page SEO, with a little social media promotion added into the mix will give you the best bang for your buck and hour in the long term.

bitronictech, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  2. OfferBribeMike

OfferBribeMike Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't think there is any one best way to get traffic. Everyone is going to like and do things differently.

OfferBribeMike, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  3. johndavis74

johndavis74 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Free classified sites like craigs is a great way. If you have a product that has a wide draw. If you post one ad and it gets 50 visitors to your site then post 10 ads a day and you are getting 500 visitors per day.

johndavis74, Oct 18, 2013 IP
    MoritzB and teooo like this.
  4. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    The best source of traffic in my opinion is facebook. There are over a billion profiles on the site! It is a no brainer!

Michael Mayer, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  5. YesThatsMe

YesThatsMe Member

Best Answers:
    Best way to create traffic is to constantly generate fresh and unique content. And I say it as a blogowner with 60k monthly unique google views. Everything else is unlogic.

YesThatsMe, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  6. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    How often do you post content?

Dionne Taylor, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  7. YesThatsMe

YesThatsMe Member

Best Answers:
    It varies each month. There is no set regularity like twice a day or twice a week. The only regularity is that I blog enough each month. It varies each month from 20 to 50 articles. I have round about 500 articles on my blog at the moment. I do believe that a schedule is not really needed. But I must mention that my blog is a general blog but still related to 4 or 5 niches I am interested in. That is the way I have constantly to tell anything. It´s like talking with friends about the latest stuff or news. It´s the same fun and it does not limit me... I can be constantly inspired by happenings and I also can share my knowhow and not only know how from one niche. It´s kinda fun.

On the side I can earn a little bit money. I by the way focus heavily on google, which is why I also believe that it is not a "must" to blog in a niche. It still works well as many people visit my blog with questions they have just in the moment yet. All that thaugght me that people (including me in the days back) focused and focus too much on other aspects. Blogging is not really such rocket science like many mention, and you´ll notice from the time on you start to focus on fresh, unique and quality content rather than focusing most of the time on SEO aspects. And not even every article has to have certain quality. Some of my articles are just detailed "day thoughts". But it is great if even the "day thoughts" can have some value. It´s incredible how much things people ask google to find your blog.

The bounce rate is also not too bad as I link between related articles and have a nice set of categories so that the blog does not look "too general". I have had many niche web projects and they all bored me to hell later as I was forced to write in niches. I did open these borders with my new blog and it is the first time I feel fun while blogging. And it seems that some people were right... fun = progress. And that without noticing that it is work. It simply isn´t with my latest blog. From month to month the traffic is increasing which means the 60k are just the mentioned stats of this month. I call it naturally growing stats and they look in the "monthly view" like stairs. So... it´s right... fun or passion = progress. I by the way do not do that much SEO anymore and I never have done it anyway with my latest blog. Links get spread on a natural way. Only posting new articvles automatically to social media but that does not give the same value as posting at least monthly regular. Creating content is the value. Not any SEO strategies.

I must mention that I would not disagree with all SEO´s. Sure, there are some things that work well. But it distracted most of the people from the real important things. Start creating content. Trying to find a way that blogging is fun and not a job... that is the best suggestion I found so far. It is not about, how others do it... it is about, how you can do it without losing persistence. That is probably the best suggestion some one can find.

What is it worth if I have to work for the traffic. But my links everywhere and spend all the time in social media and so... What is it worth if I have to focus on these aspects if I am forced to do that on a regular basis to hold the traffic on a certain level? People are unhappy if they stop working and if the traffic cracks down due to this reason. Focusing on content and waiting for the search engine robots is much more persistent if its done without any SEO techniques. Not even a google update can hunt you down. Because you didn´t do anything wrong.

At the end I really want to say that this is my personal strategy. I do not want to disagree with any real SEO´s. Yes some whitehat SEO can help. But 98% of the so called SEO´s suggest stuff that would rather hurt your project instead of helping. And some techniques maybe wont hurt now but maybe in the future? I do not want that SEO risk anymore. All that is a lot of jabbering and distract people from the main aspects. This is one of the reasons why so many people give up daily. With my older projects I did listen too much to them too until I did stop to listen. That is where I am now and it leads to the impression that it is the first time that my latest project has much potential to grow. The whole philosophy works at least for me much better.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    YesThatsMe, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  8. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    yes you are right .
    forums and blogs are a great source of information for readers.
    you should target blogs and forum related to your niche and participate actively with a link to your site.
    don't forget to use social media for such purpose too.

dean1122, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  9. Curtisswn

Curtisswn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pay for it.

Curtisswn, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  10. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can think of a cool idea that gets attention or can use your personality to get attention.. that brings traffic. Too many people thinking it's all about cut and dry automated methods.. There are people who can force people to look at something they don't want using many means.. it's better if you have something they would want to look at just by announcing it casually.. then all the methods just add on to the original attractive power of your offer or idea

kingde, Nov 29, 2013 IP