1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the #1 thing you are most passionate about and why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CU_Designs, May 16, 2014.

What I was once passionate about (web development), I am no longer. I still do it and make good money, but my passion for it is not what it used to be.

What is the #1 thing you are most passionate about and why?

CU_Designs, May 16, 2014 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The study of languages,(linguistics) how did they come to be? How did they get to their present form? I want to understand the history and the evolutions involved. Languages are a living breathing entity and constantly evolve. I enjoy studying the science of it all.

Spoiltdiva, May 16, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  3. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My passion? Of right now it's blogging but it might change eventually because everyone's passion never stays no matter what people will say.

Joshie, May 16, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How many languages do you currently speak? I talked to a guy a few years ago who said that once you speak 6-7 languages (not including Asian or Arabic ones) you can pretty much understand most languages spoken in Western and Eastern Europe. Just like you mentioned, he said that there's a science and strong connection among all languages. Russian and English is all I can speak.

I enjoy traveling, locally and overseas. Seeing new places, even things like going through different airports or buying exotic foods bring this awesome sense of adventure.

qwikad.com, May 17, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I speak French and English at a perfect level. I also have a modest knowledge of Latin American Spanish, but I am by no means fluent in it. I can get by in broken low German and have a little bit of Italian going on as well. When I say a little bit, I mean that I can ask for directions and order off a menu and not get laughed at.;)

Spoiltdiva, May 17, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  6. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Web developement and knowledge.

ETA, May 17, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  7. Michael de Guzman

Michael de Guzman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i love to travel and discover cultures and traditions. i also love cooking and making things in the kitchen. i don't know why i like it i guess the traveling part is my curiosity of learning new things and my cooking is the only thing creative i can do. it relaxes me and i love seeing people enjoying your food.

Michael de Guzman, May 24, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise, Megamon and CU_Designs like this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am passionate about many things, so it really depends upon what areas of life you are speaking about. In business, I am passionate about making money. In family, I am passionate about doing everything that I can to ensure that my kids succeed in life.

On a more fun note, I am passionate about learning more about UFO's and Ghosts. :) It drives my family nuts that I watch all of these shows about these topics and have even begun buying audio books on the topics to listen to while I drive around (I am a road warrior, for the most part.) Why am I so passionate about these two topics? It is because they are, in my opinion, "big idea" topics that would change our view of the world and life, itself, if either aliens or ghosts are proven to exist. That said, I have never seen such proof myself, but I keep hoping.

jrbiz, May 24, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise and CU_Designs like this.
  9. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @jrbiz : Yes, life has multiple areas. It's a general question and not specific to any area. So whatever area of life you feel like using to contribute to the discussion, go for it. ;). I liked your post because I, too, like things about ghosts/spirits -- anything related to the paranormal. It's a quite interesting subject.

[​IMG]

CU_Designs, May 24, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I totally understand your enthusiasm for travel. However, having been a career road warrior (both the airplane type and the automobile type) for 25+ years, I always say that the first 100,000 miles of travel are fun (for me, that was accomplished by the late 1980's.) After that, all airports, hotels, restaurants, etc., begin to look alike. Whenever someone mentions a specific place in the U.S., Canada, or certain European countries and asks if I have been there, I usually have. They then ask if I have been to such and such a restaurant or other such sites and, unless it was particularly memorable, usually I say, "Probably."

If you can remember everywhere you have been, you have not been a road warrior for too long. ;)

jrbiz, May 24, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, well I have never had a personal ghost experience and am not sure how I would react if I did. I guess it depends upon who/what the spirit was and what actually transpired during the event. Communicating with a deceased (and friendly) family member would be okay. Being choked by a demon, not so much. I just think that the proven existence of ghosts/spirits would fundamentally change the way humankind would look at life, thereby making it a top tier subject in my mind.

UFO's would not be of the same significance (IMO) as ghosts, but still would cause a seismic shift in our thinking about our status in the universe and, therefore, is a subject of interest to me.

Yeti's, Mermaids, Chucacabras, Jersey Devils, etc., are also interesting but of much less significance because their discovery would simply be finding another new species on earth...cool, but not such a big deal.

Drives my wife and kids absolutely nuts. :D

jrbiz, May 24, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  12. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    in general I have a passion for technology. Anything tech and high tech. So also blogging. Add marketing and business. Business drives the world, so you can understand the world if you know about business.

CU_Designs likes this.
  13. Chaye

Chaye Member

Best Answers:
    My Kiddos! They are me and I can learn so much from them about how they see the world. They are my everything and bring me more joy than anything in this world!

Chaye, May 25, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise and CU_Designs like this.
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's sad. I hope I never get to that point. I did travel extensively throughout the US due to my past job tho. So I can understand the feeling behind what you're saying.

What about Asia, how much of Asia did you visit?

qwikad.com, May 25, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise likes this.
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is interesting in that I have been in high tech my entire career, and often responsible for worldwide sales, but have never been to Asia. The past seven years, due to the technology and other issues, I have been focused on the North American market, exclusively. Just prior to that, I had worldwide responsibilities for an embedded software company and we had a number of Asian resellers, but our focus was on NA and EMEA, because that was where the real action was at the time.

Thinking about this, I realized that all of my career has been taken up joining early stage start-ups as the head of sales and marketing and these start-ups needed to focus on the low-hanging fruit and the more accessible markets due to financial considerations. NA and EMEA are much more appealing from that perspective, especially for U.S.-based companies. That probably explains a good portion of why I have not been to Asia in my career.

Right now, in my current roles, it won't be happening any time soon.

jrbiz, May 25, 2014 IP
  16. Digital Noise

Digital Noise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I teach at a university and I love doing it, but I am most passionate about my family. I have 3 kids under 5 (2 girls and a boy, ages: 5, 3, and 1). They keep me busy and grounded. My wife is amazing and I would be completely and hopelessly lost as a parent without her! All four of them bring great happiness to my life and enhance the other aspects of my passions!

Digital Noise, Jun 2, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs, jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  17. Zom

Zom Member

Best Answers:
    I like to fish a lot. it takes me away from my wife. and just being out in nature and being surrounded by nature is pretty awesome. not to mention the beer tastes better outside.

Zom, Jun 3, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  18. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @Zom : It's not my passion, but I enjoy nature, too. I am waiting to go fishing with a friend soon. I haven't gone fishing since I was young.

CU_Designs, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  19. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My real passion is reading books. I can't imagine myself without a book in my bag.
    And that is cool. To read, i mean. That is the best what i can do in the moment. To build my own world inside my head. To ruine in sometimes. That is awesome.

Garry_West, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  20. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    reading books is good, it's a great habit that we are losing in our technological world. I've got many books, digital and physical, novels and technical. we should all read more.