1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is Seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by um., Sep 17, 2009.

Frankly speaking i dont understard what is SEO? I have created a site and i have done a great work on my site but till now i am not getting good traffic. All traffic is come from digg.. my site url is downpacks.net . When i ask my friends how i increased traffic so many of them said that you dont have SEO:mad: So What is SEO..
    Please Friends help me and tell me anyother idea how to increase traffic

um., Sep 17, 2009 IP
  2. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is short fort Search Engine Optimization, techniques that can help to rank your website better in search engines. There are probably hundreds or thousands of ways to improve your ranking by little ways, but I can't go much into those details since I'm not really a SEO dude. :p You'll probably see more tips by other posters. ;)

Sapphiro, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  3. sifsaf1

sifsaf1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Typically, the earlier (or higher) a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

sifsaf1, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  4. ChrisAplin

ChrisAplin Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is two things.

On-site: This means putting your "keywords" or targeted phrases in your title tags, meta descrips, h1, h2, h3, and in your body of content. Content on each page should be at minimum 250+ words. You should have your keyword phrases about 1.5%-2% of the content. Meaning for every 250 words, you have your keyword 5 times.

Off-Site: This means getting links from reputable sites. No-follow, do-follow don't worry. Just get your site out there. Write articles, use anchor text <---an example and link back to your site using your keyword or phrase.

Note: Most SEO people forget that it's not about keyword stuffing or following all of these steps. You have to have site that converts your hard earned visitors into profit. So put good copy on your site and have a good offer and capture people's information.

That is all for now.

ChrisAplin, Sep 17, 2009 IP
    SCLocal likes this.
  5. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is an industry that grew around search engines...the big G in particular ;)...It's about figuring out what you have to do when your site is not "doing well" in G(...)

SEO is a learning process. SEO is about understanding how search engine technology works. SEO is about learning to master Googledance ;)

alistair80, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  6. Western

Western Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seo ?
    ask Google about it
    you don't need to start a thread !

anyway i think SEO Mean "So E-mail Me" so it must be SEM but everyone say SEO because its easier to pronounce .
    but !
    in this forum seo means Search Engine Optimization

Western, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  7. tridentroofing

tridentroofing Guest

Best Answers:
    Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Typically, the earlier (or higher) a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

tridentroofing, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  8. um.

um. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for replying.. well now i understand i have to use keywords on my site for SEO. till now i dont use any keyword may b thats why i am not getting traffic.. Can someone tell me which keywords are best for my site? if someone reply me i shall b thanksful to him :)

um., Sep 18, 2009 IP
  9. Netfire

Netfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Seo , basically stands for Search Engine Optimization , is a technique used to get your site higher ratings on Major Serach engines, so that you get better traffic from them.

Netfire, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  10. imanpatrick

imanpatrick Peon

Best Answers:
    SEo is the best damn thing to do to get great traffic from SE

imanpatrick, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  11. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    Run! An Information Vampire!! :eek:

HomeComputerGames, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  12. IMPackage

IMPackage Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pick a good ebook on SEO to learn SEO as it's important to your website, it's about optimizing your site to get organic traffic from search engines without spending money to advertise to get traffic.

IMPackage, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  13. ChrisAplin

ChrisAplin Peon

Best Answers:
    People pay a lot of money to get that kind of information, and I think it should stay that way. Keyword research is the most important part of your plan, and should be left to a professional (one who you are paying).

ChrisAplin, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  14. topfreelancer009

topfreelancer009 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is the combination of practices by which you increase the search engine rankings of your site which in turn gets more exposure to your site,free targeted traffic and increased revenue .

topfreelancer009, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  15. dhanjitseo

dhanjitseo Peon

Best Answers:
    After getting these good replies i don't want to make you confuse. visit google and find more things there you can understand easily. To learn start doing SEO on your blog...

dhanjitseo, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  16. sharyl.wilson

sharyl.wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    hello friend

You can use this for understanding en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEO for understanding the seo.

sharyl.wilson, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  17. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    Waw. ! Really nice and short question. But a single thread is not enough to explain you the all concepts and tactics of SEO. SEO is the process of making more traffic to your site as well as increasing your page rank. if you need more details about seo you can go for some online blogs , article, or e books. That will provide better knowledge about seo than here what you get. so undergo some little research on SEO. Good luck.

christyzen, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  18. seminar

seminar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Normally seo included backlink building, make keyword density for targeted keywords,niche theme with contents,fresh updates

seminar, Sep 18, 2009 IP
  19. DiyConservatory

DiyConservatory Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engine optimization is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" or un-paid search results.

DiyConservatory, Sep 19, 2009 IP
  20. om.prakash

om.prakash Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Typically, the earlier (or higher) a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for. Optimizing a website primarily involves editing its content and HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.

om.prakash, Sep 19, 2009 IP