1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is SEO friendly?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by gworld, Jun 26, 2005.

1. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what I said is one of the reasons that most of webmasters prefer mod-rewrite to have a static URL if they can. A dynamic page is a static page with mod-rewrite. search engines can't tell the difference.

dejaone, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is a static page with mod_rewrite but the reason most webmasters prefer it is because they still believe that spiders can't crawl/follow dynamic URLs, which clearly isn't true.

minstrel, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  3. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    One subdomain of my site used dynamic URLs, which I had mod_rewritten to static. I noticed an increase in the number of pages indexed in Google for that subdomain after the rewrite was done. Whilst dynamic pages are indexed by at least some search engines, I think static ones simply index better.

egdcltd, Jun 28, 2005 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think that's superstitious behavior, personally, but if it makes you feel better...

Google in particular doesn't have any problems that I can see indexing dynamic pages as l.ong as you follow their own instructions for how those URLs are presented to spiders (especially no session IDs and limited number of parameters).

minstrel, Jun 28, 2005 IP
  5. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that eventually all the major search engines should (probably) have no problems spidering dynamic pages, even with session ids etc. At the moment, it probably helps if you make things as easy for them as possible.

egdcltd, Jun 28, 2005 IP
  6. Roze

Roze Guest

Best Answers:
    I get pages like this with two parameters indexed frequently. I think VBulletin is very friendly to the search engines - when I installed it the number of pages I had indexed (or at least spidered) went up about 2,000!
    Edit: Oops I take that back, the exact number is 926 which is pretty good considering that I have about 400 threads with 1500 posts only.

www.site.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1470&mode=threaded

Roze, Jun 28, 2005 IP