1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Private Blog Network???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tonylawson55, Dec 5, 2012.

Hey Guys,

A few questions having in my mind. We all know guest posting imp has increased a lot after google penguin update. For example: If I want to post quality content on quality site then how would I know, the site I am going to publish is from blog network or not?

What is exactly blog network?

Are the private blog network dead or not?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

tonylawson55, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  2. radhunionline

radhunionline Peon

Best Answers:
    It's pretty simple...

As an example, a small private blog network would be 50 high PR domain, likely picked up at auction. Then you put content on them before the PR has a chance to drop and build links. Then you make posts with links to sites you wish to promote.

radhunionline, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  3. Cyclopyze

Cyclopyze Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if most people think they are dead then that's a good thing. They're "private" for a reason.

Cyclopyze, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  4. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    lol cyclo :)

well said.

indiasbull, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  5. tonylawson55

tonylawson55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, I am still looking for the ans of my questions, does anyone tell me, please???

tonylawson55, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  6. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    A private blog network is a group of websites that will post your link. This can be for a fee, or if you own the sites, you can post your own links.

Good private blog networks don't have any footprints. They use different shared hosts for every site, different webhosts even so the IP's aren't related. The network shouldn't link to other sites in the network and you should never have the same links on 100% of the network. Every effort to avoid footprints should be taken.

andersonsjohn, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  7. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    A private blog network is a group of websites that will post your link. This can be for a fee, or if you own the sites, you can post your own links.

Good private blog networks don't have any footprints. They use different shared hosts for every site, different webhosts even so the IP's aren't related. The network shouldn't link to other sites in the network and you should never have the same links on 100% of the network. Every effort to avoid footprints should be taken.

Elfen Lied, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  8. gotlinks

gotlinks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    gotlinks, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  9. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you should be clear that which will be a maintain and write a blog. Blogs have their own decoration. They are designed to write huge posts everyday. Now, outside the thread, you can advertise for you site here.

jipolis7, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  10. snodialove

snodialove Member

Best Answers:
    i m also come here for this quest of ans :(

snodialove, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  11. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Folks,

The answers have already been given by radhunionline and Elfen Lied. Here's some additional info.

A private blog network (PBN) is a collection of sites that a person controls that they use to backlink to money sites to help them climb rank.

The benefits:
    • They are extremely high power. Like mentioned before, they're usually purchased at auction. When buying, you're looking for high power stats (PR,PA,DA,TF,CF) and even more important these days is a super clean backlink profile. Buying good PBN sites is somewhat of an art in itself. Finding good, safe domains is challenging and pricey. For example a PR5 can easily cost $200 if its excellent.
    • You control the relevance of the linking source. If your money site is about car insurance, then you take your purchased domain and re-purpose it for insurance. Its better if the old site was also about insurance, but that can be modified with some tiered backlinking.
    • The links are completely within your control. If Google changes their Penguin algorithm, then you can change your anchors.
    • They're safe because they're private. Again, another part of the art form is cloaking them such that they don't pop up on Google's radar. When done right, there's really no way to distinguish them from a real site. Some things you can do to ensure the stealthiness of a PBN is:
      • Put them on separate hosts. This not only looks more natural but helps with ranking.
      • Don't use privacy protection, but register different contact info. This also helps ranking. It looks completely fishy if this new site on car insurance just happens to have all its backlinks from private Who.Is sites
      • Link to relevant authority sources. Again, also helps ranking and builds relevance.
    Starting a PBN is a great way to break into the big leagues in SEO. It can be used to crack insanely hard keywords. In fact, most of your "cash for gold", "six pack abs", and "quit smoking" SEOs are using it. But it takes a decent size investment to get one going.

At the beginning, I started renting links from others to rank sites and build a cash flow so I could start my own network. But you have to be really selective on who you buy from. I can name 10 agencies off the top of my head that died in 2013 for being to blatant and not keeping a priority on privacy.

Now I rent PBN links myself and can humbly say that I've never lost a site nor had a customer penalized. Namely because I don't ever give out a domain name until a sale is made, unless they're an existing client. I'll disclose all the stats, but never the name.

Hope this helps,
    Diggity

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    DiggitySEO, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  12. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    Good info! There are many topic to consider for build blog network. I would suggest the OP for start to test by a small amount for 5-10 blog and learning by doing.

multiplecloud-zid, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  13. Dan Ardian

Dan Ardian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the answer for the question "what is private blog network have be answered". For the question "Are the private blog network dead or not?" it's not, it's one of my main backlinking strategy.

Dan Ardian, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  14. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    a PBN can be your tier 1 sites.
    Just remember that your PBN need a lot of juice as well, so you should build lots of links to your PBN.

gorrior, Feb 18, 2014 IP